• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
They've got to give Tait a bowl. He's in the side to take wickets, and he's not going to take any fielding in the outfield all day. It's not as though McGrath looks particularly threatening at the moment.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
They've got to give Tait a bowl. He's in the side to take wickets, and he's not going to take any fielding in the outfield all day. It's not as though McGrath looks particularly threatening at the moment.
Yep. The ball is reversing, and he will get it to move a long way and might knock someone over.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
wpdavid said:
Do you remember the 2nd test in the WI during 1989/90, and Des Haynes presiding over about 8 overs an hour?
Only just about - right at the beginning of my time following the game and coverage back then wasn't as good as we have it now.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That was out!

Unfortunately you couldnt give it from the hand but he edged it straight to th foot and gone!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Knopfler said:
Lee behind the line, you dont see umpires make that mistake often. Wouldn't have been given anyway
When you consider it's the ONLY wrong call all day - I think we'll let them off.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Slats4ever said:
oh boy the umpires really are going to make it hard for them to defend themselves after this series.
Not based on this match they won't.

There's been no shocking calls as yet.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
social said:
That was out!

Unfortunately you couldnt give it from the hand but he edged it straight to th foot and gone!
no, there was deffinetely not out. hard decission but you saw the ground pop up.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FaaipDeOiad said:
Why didn't that go to the third umpire? Last test they sent one there for the exact same thing!
Because immediately Rudi said not out and pointed to the ground?

I think he only went to have a chat with Billy to keep Warne quiet.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Knopfler said:
Tony Greig says it is "definitely still a game." He has to be the only person to think so.
It's a game if Australia took 5/20 in 10 overs after the drinks break. If they don't though, it's not. And I don't think they will, so it's heading for a tame draw for mine.

Scaly piscine

Knopfler said:
Tony Greig says it is "definitely still a game." He has to be the only person to think so.
Well it still is until the time when if England get bowled out next over Australia need 9-10 an over.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Slats4ever said:
how is that a good decision. out or not out go to the third umpire for christ sake. sop trying to be mavericks. i don't care who u are but u cna't adjudge that
How is immediately turning down something that wasn't out a poor decision?

You can only go to the 3rd umpire if the 2 on field umpires are unsure of if it bounced or not.

Rudi quite clearly was sure it bounced (as then shown)

Best decision I've seen all series.

Knopfler

School Boy/Girl Captain
kwek said:
no, there was deffinetely not out. hard decission but you saw the ground pop up.
Haven't you heard of someone getting out FAB before? Its not a very common mode of dismissal.

social

kwek said:
Bottom edge into foot - all over.

Cant blame the umpire as it was a very difficult decision.

social

Anyway, Aus has only themselves to blame.

Fragile Eng batting lineup let-ott by poor catching.