• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aussie said:
where does Ramprakash & Hick come into this mate...
aussie said:
based on performances in CC which is the basis on which they get selected for England, Bell has outscored them & i for one have seen all 3 bat on TV & at matches, Bell has the best technique to cope with Australia but has failed, thats why i dont think either of the rest would have made a difference.
Ramprakash has a far better technique than Trescothick. Hick has a far better record in CC than Vaughan.

cameeel

International Captain
Slow Love™ said:
Come on people, you can hardly blame Rudi for having doubt on that one. What I will say is what a call on the Pietersen hat-trick ball (for McGrath) from Bowden! I was outta my chair on that one.

And yeah, Bell has looked very ordinary and has been a failure this series, no two ways about it. Sure, he might turn around down the track and show something special, but anybody who thought Thorpe would have been better in that position has absolute rights to a good old "told you so".
We can blame Rudi for anything we damn well want to :D

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
zinzan12 said:
Again ......its only because in the last 12 months or so Australia have been given nearly every 50-50 call, suddenly every decision isn't going for Aust....and the umpires are cheats. As I've said before, Australia haven't had nearly as bad a time with the umpires in this series as NZ and Pakistan did in Australia last year. Welcome to the real world...not all 50-50 decisions go your way. You've at least had a few go your way in this test, which is more than can be said for NZ and Pakistan last year
No side will be given a dodgy LBW today, they are only human and under pressure. (I hope)

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
cameeel said:
How we've gone in the past has nothing to do with this test match, the fact is that Australia have been very hard done by in terms of the umpiring
Fair enough...although I just find it amusing given a lot of the same Australians on this forum labelled NZ and Pakistani's supporters including Bob Woolmer as whingers when they questioned the unfairness of the decisions in Australia earlier in the year. And they had it a lot worse than in this match or series for that matter.

Overall, I agree England has had the slightly better decisions - as far as 50-50 calls go, but there certainly isn't much in it.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Ramprakash has a far better technique than Trescothick. Hick has a far better record in CC than Vaughan.
so still what does have to do with Bell, Joyce & Colly & the current england side.

Knopfler

School Boy/Girl Captain
cameeel said:
Dunno, but it helps that Pietersons had 3 chances, 2 dropped chances and an shocking LBW call

Give up arguing that LBW call. It hit him ouside the line, and he was playing a shot. Forget the turn and everything else because it does not matter.

Nuffy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
If nothing else, this series has highlighted the fact that Australia MUST revert to rigourous fielding practice................its nothing short of woeful the entire series.

Buchanan needs a rocket for nothing else than allowing the fielding to slip so far.

cameeel

International Captain
Knopfler said:
Give up arguing that LBW call. It hit him ouside the line, and he was playing a shot. Forget the turn and everything else because it does not matter.
Guess so, i'm over it :D