• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aussie said:
well my defensive to bell here is that none of the others who could probably fill his place (key or Joyce) could have done better. England would be regretting dropping the iron man... Thorpedo
I wish people would stop coming up with this garbage, how on Earth could Key, Joyce, Collingwood or virtually any batsmen in county cricket do worse than average 17?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
I wish people would stop coming up with this garbage, how on Earth could Key, Joyce, Collingwood or virtually any batsmen in county cricket do worse than average 17?
what are you saying mayn Bell is obviously better than them so the fact that he could only average 17 i dont think either of them would have done better.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
What difference does it make if it hit him outside the line? He wasn't trying to hit it.

Anyway, amazing delivery, probably a bit of doubt but Warne usually gets those simply because the batsman looks so dead and beaten.

Knopfler

School Boy/Girl Captain
cameeel said:
Bloody KUERTZEN!!

Shoulda been LBW :@ :@ :@

A ball turning that much will never be given (assuming they play a shot at it) because it is either going to hit outside the line, or miss leg.

Knopfler

School Boy/Girl Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
What difference does it make if it hit him outside the line? He wasn't trying to hit it.

Anyway, amazing delivery, probably a bit of doubt but Warne usually gets those simply because the batsman looks so dead and beaten.
I thought he did play a shot (even if it was a very late decision). Think it was missing leg anyway

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aussie said:
what are you saying mayn Bell is obviously better than them so the fact that he could only average 17 i dont think either of them would have done better.
Obviously better based on what? His awe-inspiring performance against Australia? Key was equally useless against Australia, but certainly no worse than Bell. Joyce is an unknown.

cameeel

International Captain
Knopfler said:
A ball turning that much will never be given (assuming they play a shot at it) because it is either going to hit outside the line, or miss leg.
Are you kidding? they get paid by everyone but kuertzen

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
cameeel said:
Are you kidding? they get paid by everyone but kuertzen
Yeah, I must say I've seen Warne get a lot of those over the years. If a batsman goes right back on his stumps and is totally beaten by the turn and gets hit more or less in front of off (I realise this was fractionally outside) they get given a lot. Murali gets those as well.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Obviously better based on what? His awe-inspiring performance against Australia? Key was equally useless against Australia, but certainly no worse than Bell. Joyce is an unknown.
based on performances in CC which is the basis on which they get selected for England, Bell has outscored them & i for one have seen all 3 bat on TV & at matches, Bell has the best technique to cope with Australia but has failed, thats why i dont think either of the rest would have made a difference.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FaaipDeOiad said:

C'mon Faaip...your letting yourself down with that sort of comment. You can't honestly said without a shadow of a doubt that...1) that he wasn't playing a shot, and 2) it was definately going to hit the stumps.

For me it was 50-50 ......I wouldn't have been suprised if it was given, and I wasn't that suprised that it wasn't