• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watched it many times.

Heard David Lloyd say you cant give it out over and over again.

But, for the life of me, he's speaking in hope

Tthat was absolutely plumb.

Turned a mile, hitting middle and leg. Not outside off. Simply out.

Scaly piscine

aussie said:
based on performances in CC which is the basis on which they get selected for England, Bell has outscored them & i for one have seen all 3 bat on TV & at matches, Bell has the best technique to cope with Australia but has failed, thats why i dont think either of the rest would have made a difference.
Does that mean Ramprakash and Hick are betting than Vaughan, Trescothick etc. then?

Knopfler

School Boy/Girl Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
Yeah, I must say I've seen Warne get a lot of those over the years. If a batsman goes right back on his stumps and is totally beaten by the turn and gets hit more or less in front of off (I realise this was fractionally outside) they get given a lot. Murali gets those as well.
Well ok then, but unless they are back a very long way, they shouldn't be given (for that much turn).

Scaly piscine

social said:
Watched it many times.

Heard David Lloyd say you cant give it out over and over again.

But, for the life of me, he's speaking in hope

Tthat was absolutely plumb.

Turned a mile, hitting middle and leg. Not outside off. Simply out.
Clueless.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
superb 1st hour for Australia, i still cant believe why KP wasn't given out but overall i'm happy. Another 2 before lunch is whats needed.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
zinzan12 said:
C'mon Faaip...your letting yourself down with that sort of comment. You can't honestly said without a shadow of a doubt that...1) that he wasn't playing a shot, and 2) it was definately going to hit the stumps.

For me it was 50-50 ......I wouldn't have been suprised if it was given, and I wasn't that suprised that it wasn't
I'm not saying it should have been given, I said it usually would be, and indeed it would as Warne gets those a lot.

I think it was a fairly reasonable call since I think Rudi counted Tresco as playing a shot. If he wasn't playing a shot, that was gone for mine.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
social said:
Considering that it was out, what would you consider appropriate?
I think Warne always appeals a bit too much...great bowler, but that really puts me off. What really gets to me is even after it's been given not out, he keeps on appealing.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Demolition Man said:
Seriously fellas unless they are plumb the aussies aint gonna get any LBWs today.
Again ......its only because in the last 12 months or so Australia have been given nearly every 50-50 call, suddenly every decision isn't going for Aust....and the umpires are cheats. As I've said before, Australia haven't had nearly as bad a time with the umpires in this series as NZ and Pakistan did in Australia last year. Welcome to the real world...not all 50-50 decisions go your way. You've at least had a few go your way in this test, which is more than can be said for NZ and Pakistan last year

andyc

aussie said:
superb 1st hour for Australia, i still cant believe why KP wasn't given out but overall i'm happy. Another 2 before lunch is whats needed.
I was thinking more another 5-7

cameeel

International Captain
zinzan12 said:
Again ......its only because in the last 12 months or so Australia have been given nearly every 50-50 call, suddenly every decision isn't going for Aust....and the umpires are cheats. As I've said before, Australia haven't had nearly as bad a time with the umpires in this series as NZ and Pakistan did in Australia last year. Welcome to the real world...not all 50-50 decisions go your way. You've at least had a few go your way in this test, which is more than can be said for NZ and Pakistan last year
How we've gone in the past has nothing to do with this test match, the fact is that Australia have been very hard done by in terms of the umpiring

Slow Love™

International Captain
Come on people, you can hardly blame Rudi for having doubt on that one. What I will say is what a call on the Pietersen hat-trick ball (for McGrath) from Bowden! I was outta my chair on that one.

And yeah, Bell has looked very ordinary and has been a failure this series, no two ways about it. Sure, he might turn around down the track and show something special, but anybody who thought Thorpe would have been better in that position has absolute rights to a good old "told you so".