• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
luckyeddie said:
He's got more sense than to continue when he's in the wrong. You tend to shut up when you're right.

Probably explains why you never seem to shut up, I suppose.
LE, pretty poor form shown by you, looking at these personal attacks,stick to the argument ;)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Robertinho said:
But they're playing cricket, and light isn't an issue for them. You would expect that if it's bad enough to halt a test match, then it's definitely bad enough to halt some (relatively) insignificant domestic one dayer.
You've got that the wrong way round, they play in practically anything in domestic cricket, but in the highest level the tolerance is rightly lower.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
You've got that the wrong way round, they play in practically anything in domestic cricket, but in the highest level the tolerance is rightly lower.
Try and look at the importance of this match? Deciding the Ashes? Should do everything they can to continue play.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
Try and look at the importance of this match? Deciding the Ashes? Should do everything they can to continue play.
so because this match is so important, England should have to bat in conditions they wouldn't normally have to ? 8-)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
superkingdave said:
so because this match is so important, England should have to bat in conditions they wouldn't normally have to ? 8-)
Uh, the light isn't that bad, it's been exaggerated by England in order to waste as much playing time as possible.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Robertinho said:
No it's more important that it isn't decided in unfair conditions like batting in the dark. Can you imagine the fuss if someone got injured because of not seeing the ball properly? Or if the outfields were wet and someone did their knee in slipping over?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
I bet those nature programs that use night vision cameras must really confuse you then.
I'm afraid not. But I bet those exercise programs that involve physical activity must really confuse you.