• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blaze said:
metcheck has been very reliable and suggests that there will be no further rain.

Around 200 overs of cricket left
Thank god, am looking forward to it

cameeel

International Captain
Blaze said:
metcheck has been very reliable and suggests that there will be no further rain.

Around 200 overs of cricket left
Great news, with regard to Martyn going after the bowling as well, he seems to much more successful when playing at his own pace, and given we've dropped our best hold-an-end-up lower order batsman in Gillespie, it'd probably be best if Martyn plays at his own pace, while Hayden/Gilchrist/Clarke play more aggressively, just a thought....

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
i think its a given cameel that the oz will set a total,around 150-ish to 200,they have to leave enough time to dismiss england BUT if they play for a draw and try and defend they will play right into
S K WARNES little spinning hands. just from left field m8 do you think they would love to have McGill in the team just now ,2 spinners on a last day pitch?

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
Reading the English newspapers ,i think it was the sun or times and they come up with the funniest headline ive saw for the cricket. It read,Aussies Vow 'we can still win ashes" The show aint over till the FAT LEGGIE SPINS. I thought it was brilliant haha but dont know if warne would love it to much.
I can see SKW departing his last ashes test with a victory,and a 6 or 7 haul.
Just said on radio that rain is now expected today along with showers,Does anyone know any further updates on weather? Shame if it spoils a good series. Thats an oz view of course Poms would be loving the rain, i would think.

cameeel

International Captain
jlo33692 said:
i think its a given cameel that the oz will set a total,around 150-ish to 200,they have to leave enough time to dismiss england BUT if they play for a draw and try and defend they will play right into
S K WARNES little spinning hands. just from left field m8 do you think they would love to have McGill in the team just now ,2 spinners on a last day pitch?
Usually i'd say yes with regards to MacGill, but with Warne bowling the way he is, and McGrath looking dangerous in the 1st innings, they may not actually need him, if they get out Strauss & Tresco quickly, then they should be right without MacGill, but he'd certainly be handy if they make another good opening stand. Don't forget though the Lee has the potential to rip through the order with his reverse swing, which won't take long to eventuate given how abrasive the pitch is.

cameeel

International Captain
jlo33692 said:
Reading the English newspapers ,i think it was the sun or times and they come up with the funniest headline ive saw for the cricket. It read,Aussies Vow 'we can still win ashes" The show aint over till the FAT LEGGIE SPINS. I thought it was brilliant haha but dont know if warne would love it to much.
Just said on radio that rain is now expected today along with showers,Does anyone know any further updates on weather? Shame if it spoils a good series. Thats an oz view of course Poms would be loving the rain, i would think.
He's probably endured much worse headlines in his time, has Warnie. Sounds like it was a very tongue in cheek headline anyway. With regards to the weather, Weather.com's forecast is Cloudy with possible light rain. And tomorrow to be partly cloudy, with no rain.

Blaze

Banned
cameeel said:
Great, hope it stays that way

Oh, and congrats on 2000 posts

Thanks.. Didn't notice till you pointed it out. Might as well post my 2000th in here seeing as the Ashes thread has been where the majority of my posts have come of late.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
jlo33692 said:
Im sure they still get the extra half hour at start and end of each day if play was lost???
They get an extra hour at the end of the day in England because of the 10.30 start.

Mind you, how much of that extra time they get to use will be debateable because they made a rod for their own back on Day 2 by taking the light which means when it gets to that stage England can be offered it, and I think it's pretty much a no brainer decision.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
jlo33692 said:
Welcome back. :D

No more rain before the close on Monday evening now - perhaps the odd shower, but that's it.

Tubby has been absolutely awesome, and that if I have anything to do with it, 2005 will be known for ever as "Warne's Ashes".

(text him if you like).

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
luckyeddie said:
Welcome back. :D

No more rain before the close on Monday evening now - perhaps the odd shower, but that's it.

Tubby has been absolutely awesome, and that if I have anything to do with it, 2005 will be known for ever as "Warne's Ashes".

(text him if you like).
Tubby was Mark Taylor though.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
They get an extra hour at the end of the day in England because of the 10.30 start.

Mind you, how much of that extra time they get to use will be debateable because they made a rod for their own back on Day 2 by taking the light which means when it gets to that stage England can be offered it, and I think it's pretty much a no brainer decision.
That is indeed a very good point, and exactly why we shouldn't see Ponting declaring. If Australia (obviously a huge if) could bat all day and get 300 in front then declare overnight, they'd do that. England won't be given the light unless it's really shocking on day 5 with the overs ticking down, and Warne and McGrath will love getting to bowl for the win on day 5 with England going on the defensive.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:

Indeed.