• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
greg said:
Ritchie's gone completely nuts in the last hour. Never heard him talk such rubbish.
Really? What's he been saying?

I have the TV muted in an attempt to get some work done on my defamation essay. Needless to say its not going well... in fact its not going at all. :ph34r:

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
Think Martyn should slam that scoop thing back into the cupboard and lock it.

Espcecially as he's only just arrived at the crease.

PY

International Coach
Tom Halsey said:
Not sure... did he hit that?!
They've missed/not given much attention to a few things today though I have to say that I didn't hear anything and neither did Jones because he didn't appeal at all.

PY

International Coach
Slow Love™ said:
Yeah, after seeing the replay, he might have. But it would have been the faintest of nicks.
?? :p

Snicko was pretty conclusive in this situation I think. What goes around comes around! Where's user Shane Warne when you need him? :D

Slow Love™

International Captain
I think Tony might be right in that we've got little choice now but to just keep batting as far as we can, and hope we don't have to bat a second time (or that it's an extremely brief chase if we do).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well considering G. Jones appealed with a look on his face like someone had just slapped his butt without him wanting them too, I don't think it was a bad decision at all. Much stronger appeal needed to give those.

greg

International Debutant
Jono said:
Well considering G. Jones appealed with a look on his face like someone had just slapped his butt without him wanting them too, I don't think it was a bad decision at all. Much stronger appeal needed to give those.
lol - I don't recall that being accepted as a valid explanation by many for Strauss not being given yesterday :laugh:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
2/300 at stumps would be nice.

Bat until tea tomorrow on a nice sunny day, make 550 accelerating towards the end, then declare and take 5 in an extended session leading up until stumps.

:p

Really though, if Australia have a slight lead and are all out by lunch tomorrow, that's fine. Australia will need to bowl brilliantly to win anyway, so it doesn't matter so much what the score is like, because if England bat a day and make 350 it's game over anyway.

Slow Love™

International Captain
greg said:
lol - I don't recall that being accepted as a valid explanation by many for Strauss not being given yesterday :laugh:
Yeah, I don't think umps should base decisions on appeals either - I think Strauss's was a much thicker edge though, wasn't it?