• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Richie's being harsh on McGrath here. He's been great this morning, beaten the bat several times and darting it around off the seam.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Nnanden said:
BOWLED! What a ball!

And Clarke`s outfielding has been crap.
After his brilliant fielding in the past 4 tests it was just a matter of time before the standard dropped

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
James90 said:
After his brilliant fielding in the past 4 tests it was just a matter of time before the standard dropped
But in close he`s been brilliant, it`s just his out-fielding that`s been off.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
Man Lee has been unlucky this series, this game. Great bowling for 0 wickets.
1 wicket. :p

But, I agree. Both Lee and Flintoff have bowled a lot better than their averages suggest, they've put in brilliant spells and come away with 1 for 20 or something from them, and one or two poor spells have inflated their averages.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Can anyone see Australia actually making a good score for a change? I`m sure we will screw up again, Hayden against the new ball doesn`t seem promising.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nnanden said:
Hahah, my bad.

Though I`m sure SP would back me up in saying Jones got himself out.
Well that sort of thing (playing the wrong line and camped on the back foot) happens when someone has only faced 1 ball or whatever. If he'd faced a few overs then I'd say he got himself out.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
Can anyone see Australia actually making a good score for a change? I`m sure we will screw up again, Hayden against the new ball doesn`t seem promising.
I think Australia will make about 400.