• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Slow Love™

International Captain
I think that deep down, we all had a strong feeling that if the Aussies lost the toss, there'd be a start like this. I'm very, very worried.

Great stuff from Warne, as usual.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Good move to bring McGrath back on at this particular moment with the new batsman. That's what Australia really miss without him, the ability to just kill the game for a short period by using McGrath and Warne in tandem and build pressure. He's not quite at his best, but he can still keep it quiet.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Yet again Australia can only get a wicket from a spinner bowling in the first session of the match. Extremely worrying for the future seamer prospects..

cameeel

International Captain
LE's Sig - Hayden'll bounce back at the Oval, mark my words.... :cool: - cameeel

There you go, hayden did something useful! :p

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Warne really pulling out all the variations here. Changing his pace, and rarely bowling two standard leg breaks in a row. It's great to watch how he deals with various conditions, with the pitch very good for batting this time he's changing it around a lot more than he was at the end of the Trent Bridge test. He even, as Richie pointed out, bowled a flipper sort of thing down the leg side last over.

Slow Love™

International Captain
We're bleeding runs too freely again, just like the first days of the last three tests. Only McGrath (ER of 2.5) has managed to keep things to below 5 an over.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Very clever bowling there, totally decieved Vaughan. Look at the position Vaughan in when he hit that - he didn't expect the bounce at all.

Warne in brilliant form.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I dunno why the commentators keep saying how England have played Warne well, it's hard to see how they could have played him any worse.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great stuff from Warne, good catch from Clarke too. If we can get another before England make 150, we'll be in a decent position