• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Heheh, I stay home tomorrow, so I think I`ll tape the late night Ashes to watch.

So true - the winner takes it all.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aussie said:
come on Australia pick 5 bowlers.....
Erm.... I don't think they will, especially not his late. I daresay it'll be the same as the Fourth Test, only with McGrath in for Kasper

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Unless the match is actually taking part on that dirt patch, the pitch looks a belter.

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
Ang England win the toss again. Everything going there way this series.
Should they play defensive or attack?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
FaaipDeOiad said:
Gah. England bats first on a good pitch for the fourth time in a row.

Need some magic from McGrath now.
I reckon. The toss result/Ponting`s decisions could be our downfall.

Mind you, great teams bounce back.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting that England are playing Collingwood, given how crucial having five bowlers has been for them. Still, batting first with eight batsmen it will be difficult for them to lose if they put on 400+. It will be interesting to see how they approach this innings - whether they go along at a relatively tame 3-3.5 rpo or if they play aggressively as they have done thus far. Suffice to say, it will take an excellent performance from both McGrath and Warne for Australia to keep England's total down.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Arrow said:
I wonder. They are 2-1 up. Maybe they should play the same way they have been?!? :-O

andyc

Arrow said:
Right now, on the first session of the test, with an extra batsman, they have to attack

shaka

International Regular
If Macgill had been picked, it would have been the worst tail Aus have put together in a very long time. Australia to grab 4 wickets in opening session if they wish to get a good advantage.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Adamc said:
Interesting that England are playing Collingwood, given how crucial having five bowlers has been for them. Still, batting first with eight batsmen it will be difficult for them to lose if they put on 400+. It will be interesting to see how they approach this innings - whether they go along at a relatively tame 3-3.5 rpo or if they play aggressively as they have done thus far. Suffice to say, it will take an excellent performance from both McGrath and Warne for Australia to keep England's total down.
How bad you must think Lee/Tait are.

The Tait yorkers are coming!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
shaka said:
If Macgill had been picked, it would have been the worst tail Aus have put together in a very long time. Australia to grab 4 wickets in opening session if they wish to get a good advantage.
All-out couldn`t hurt either. :cool:

andyc

shaka said:
Yeah, preferably the two openers, Vaughan and KP.

I wonder how long it will take Ponting to bring Warney on. Hopefully the three pacemen can play well together. A lot of pressure is obviously on McGrath and Warne, and they will have to be doing a lot of the donkey work with two strike bowlers in the team.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Nnanden said:
How bad you must think Lee/Tait are.

The Tait yorkers are coming!
Well, if McGrath and Warne don't play well, Australia won't win, is all I'm saying.