• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Some decent sings here with some swing and bounce, but it looks like an absolute road. Australia need some early wickets or they're going to be bowling a long time.

edit: Haha, 1,000 posts in the thread. You know you post too much when...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
Some decent sings here with some swing and bounce, but it looks like an absolute road. Australia need some early wickets or they're going to be bowling a long time.

edit: Haha, 1,000 posts in the thread. You know you post too much when...
Woah! That's one in 13 posts! But, I've got over 500 in the Testing Forum where my posts don't even count, so congratulations!

Steulen

International Regular
What in earth was that? McGrath bowling a rubbish 4-byes ball...losing the plot?

and then right after it's two balls brilliantly spot on

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha I love Cricinfo

cricinfo said:
McGrath to Strauss, no run, closer to the off and a touch fuller, Strauss gropes awkwardly for that one like an adolescent in the back row of a cinema, lucky not to get an edge!
cricinfo said:
McGrath to Strauss, no run, That one takes off! Bouncer banged in and it jags sharply away after hitting the deck and almost decapitates Shane Warne at first slip

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
andyc said:
What happened?

How are they looking, guys?
"Bouncer" - it swung to first slip after passing the batsman.

England laying the platform really. Aussies need to pitch `em up a lot more.

Steulen

International Regular
Shortish ball pitched on middle stump, flew off the pitch with big seam movement, over the head of first slip. 4 byes

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Steulen said:
What in earth was that? McGrath bowling a rubbish 4-byes ball...losing the plot?

and then right after it's two balls brilliantly spot on
I don't think it was that bad... it was pitched just short of a length on off stump and moving away from the left-hander. It just moved off the seam AND bounced AND swung, and wound up going over the head of first slip. If it hadn't moved so much at most it would have been slightly wide.