• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great, Hayden's impending fifty against Essex will prove he's 'found form.' Why couldn't you just fail!??

Mister Wright

I'm actually surprised Essex declared, they should have batted again all day. Wouldn't have helped Australia's cause.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
I'm actually surprised Essex declared, they should have batted again all day. Wouldn't have helped Australia's cause.
the agreed rules for the match limited them to 115 overs i think.

Anyway, England have announced 13 for the Oval test, the eleven from Trent Bridge plus Anderson and Collingwood.

No place for Tremlett, Nasser seems to think the selectors were seriously considering Cork, but if Jones isn't fit i guess Collingwood is the favourite

BoyBrumby

Englishman
superkingdave said:
Anyway, England have announced 13 for the Oval test, the eleven from Trent Bridge plus Anderson and Collingwood.

No place for Tremlett, Nasser seems to think the selectors were seriously considering Cork, but if Jones isn't fit i guess Collingwood is the favourite
That's a serious kick in the nads to Tremlett. & hopelessly conservative call by us. & why Anderson suddenly? Has he pulled up many trees for Lancs? It's passed me by if he has.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I'd be thrilled to see Collingwood in for Bell and Anderson in for Jones. Just what Australia would have wanted really.

andyc

FaaipDeOiad said:
I'd be thrilled to see Collingwood in for Bell and Anderson in for Jones. Just what Australia would have wanted really.
Well, I'm sure Australia would have wanted to be 4-0 up, really :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
FaaipDeOiad said:
Can't see Bell missing out unless his "cramp" in the C&G was more serious than our medical staff are letting on.

Anderson is just insane tho. He's taken 51 FC wickets this season (I've just been to cricinfo to check!), but at nearly 32 each. That is not form that demands a recall. It boggles the mind. :wacko:

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good, good. That keeps him in the side for the Oval.

Please, please, please be fit Simon. I couldn't bear to see Anderson playing, it would just be too horrible to watch.

James

Cricket Web Owner
BoyBrumby said:
Can't see Bell missing out unless his "cramp" in the C&G was more serious than our medical staff are letting on.

Anderson is just insane tho. He's taken 51 FC wickets this season (I've just been to cricinfo to check!), but at nearly 32 each. That is not form that demands a recall. It boggles the mind. :wacko:
Would have saved you time had you read this :p

andyc

Neil Pickup said:
Good, good. That keeps him in the side for the Oval.

Please, please, please be fit Simon. I couldn't bear to see Anderson playing, it would just be too horrible to watch.
Well if we have to keep Hayden, it's only fair that you guys have to draft in a mediocre player too!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Ha ha the Ginger in a spin eh with that Essex report?

It was Shaun Tait who finally separated the two, bowling Bopara for 135 before seeing Mark Pettini caught by Matthew Hayden for only eight. By now, however, Cook was playing the innings of his short career as he raced to a double century at barely slower than a run a ball, including 30 fours and a six
Cook was second out, then Pettini then Bopara :p