• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Pretty much always I can forgive off LBW decisions... if it`s consistent. Bucknor is just randomly giving them. Warne`s ball that was straight pitched on leg, was hitting leg and a bit of middle and turned down immediately. Hoggard`s ball pitches on leg, probably hitting leg, and is given.

Really.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Regardless, one was given, the other wasn`t.

EDIT: I`ve seen the ball again, fair enough, it was hitting leg nicely.

Knopfler

School Boy/Girl Captain
Nnanden said:
Pretty much always I can forgive off LBW decisions... if it`s consistent. Bucknor is just randomly giving them. Warne`s ball that was straight pitched on leg, was hitting leg and a bit of middle and turned down immediately. Hoggard`s ball pitches on leg, probably hitting leg, and is given.

Really.

I think you are assuming that Bucknor is seeing the slow motion replay. He obviously was mistaken with what he thought regarding that Warne's delivery. It happens.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Knopfler said:
I think you are assuming that Bucknor is seeing the slow motion replay. He obviously was mistaken with what he thought regarding that Warne's delivery. It happens.
But it keeps happening. As Faaip said, with Bucknor, it`s a lottery.

tassietiger

U19 Debutant
aussie said:
interesting 1st time a a bowler other than a spinner that has got Gilly out
LBW that is...

btw why is every run worth double? I see where its coming from...but what reason are Australia getting runs for other than making England score them too.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
tassietiger said:
LBW that is...

btw why is every run worth double? I see where its coming from...but what reason are Australia getting runs for other than making England score them too.
Exactly, I'm glad I hardly ever hear that 'away goals count double' crap in football these days.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Risky game Warne is playing, but I think he's going about it the right way. The best chance Australia have is to get on top of England's bowling and hope they bowl worse as a result. If Australia bat defensively, England will keep bowling well even if they aren't getting wickets, and with so much time left in the game there's no possibility that Australia will bat out a draw.