• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
A Tait needs a bat like a cauliflower needs a quadratic equation....pretty catchy..unlike KP
It's S Tait, not A Tait.

I know it's only one letter, but that can make a lot of difference.

For instance, change the second 'A' in 'A Tait' to a 'W' and you've adequately summed up S Tait's batting ability.

Coincidence? I think not.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Odd, fairly defensive field for Katich considering he was nearly out first ball after lunch.
Vaughan is usually fairly defensive with his field placings, it's rather odd for someone with quite a strong team.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Oh Bucknor.

Probably hitting, but benefit of the doubt to the batsman surely? Far out. Only just pitched on leg.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Fair bit of doubt in that one really. You never know with Bucknor, it feels like a lottery.

Oh well, that's game I'd say. Needed at least 100 from that pair, Australia would need a Warne century or something to win now.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Fair bit of doubt in that one really. You never know with Bucknor, it feels like a lottery.

Oh well, that's game I'd say. Needed at least 100 from that pair, Australia would need a Warne century or something to win now.

Rubbish. Pitched leg, would have hit leg and middle.

Edit - would have hit leg.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
aussie said:
interesting 1st time a a bowler other than a spinner that has got Gilly out
That's one of the more amazing statistics I've ever heard, given the way he doesn't like being tucked up.