• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, 26 runs in 17 overs, didn't realise they were going quite that slow. Doesn't really matter though, Australia's key concern at the moment should be batting out the overs. They're definitely in a much better position now then they were at the start of the innings, but it will still be extremely difficult to avoid losing given the batsmen-friendly nature of the pitch.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Listening to Athers & Boycott's discussion on Jones keeping & they seem to think that no one is pushing him for the spot which i agree, but i got a scenario if Read starts making more hundreds this season & Jones misses another crucial one that probably costs England the Ashes would anyone want him dropped for Read?????

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
aussie said:
Listening to Athers & Boycott's discussion on Jones keeping & they seem to think that no one is pushing him for the spot which i agree, but i got a scenario if Read starts making more hundreds this season & Jones misses another crucial one that probably costs England the Ashes would anyone want him dropped for Read?????
If England win the Ashes, I'm sure they'll just stick with Jones and hope his 'keeping gets better. If they don't win (especially if Clarke goes on to a big ton to save this Test ;)) then he'll surely be under pressure. Read looks a much better 'keeper from the little I've seen, and is doing quite well with the bat this season as well. I really don't think the runs Jones has scored in this series make up for the cost (or potential cost) of the chances he's missed.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
This really is odd captaincy from Vaughan. New ball is due, and he's bowling Bell and letting Clarke leave 6 balls an over? If England take a wicket, they're on the verge of winning the test! Why would he let it slide?
Praying on impatience. Clarke did have a go at one of them and nearly got out.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Boycott loving this, just like Gillespie at Old Trafford. He's right at home. :p

Good play though. The runs will come later in the day if Australia keep batting, if they get through the session with just 50 runs and no wickets it's a definate victory.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
f**k bucknor that wasn't good for my heart & i reckon Pup is a bit lucky their but he its time he made up up for the shocker he gave to Marto at OT....

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Second time today I've thought Bucknor was going to give an LBW - usually gives them if he doesn't say not out straight away. Clipping leg-stump suggests Hawkeye.

greg

International Debutant
Adamc said:
Second time today I've thought Bucknor was going to give an LBW - usually gives them if he doesn't say not out straight away. Clipping leg-stump suggests Hawkeye.
The difficulty is that he seems to have stopped his habit of nodding or shaking his head before giving his decision.

He'll give the next one ;-)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
it looked much closer in real time, i think him getting outside the line saved him but u cant tell bucknor these days :ph34r: