• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Majin

International Debutant
Why is it that when a decision like the Langer one isn't given it's "not out going down leg, oh look it was just clipping, you can't give those" but then if it was given out it would have been "Just clipping the top of leg, brilliant decision"?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Majin said:
Why is it that when a decision like the Langer one isn't given it's "not out going down leg, oh look it was just clipping, you can't give those" but then if it was given out it would have been "Just clipping the top of leg, brilliant decision"?
I never hear the latter.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Majin said:
Because commentators are idiots

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Majin said:
Because of a culture of respect for the role - and the difficulty of their job - for the umpires that exists in cricket.

Majin

International Debutant
I've heard it before. I've never seen somebody say "He shouldn't have been given" when there was no inside edge or anything. For some reason the voice I hear in my head is Mark Nicholas.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Majin said:
When on earth did you hear that? Perhaps we don't listen to the same coverage.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
The way Hayden defended that inswinging yorker from Hoggard was very encouraging, and he followed it up beautifully.

Very good signs here.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Damn the 'Advanced Hair Studio' ad.

Except Warne shuts Gooch down. That`s always nice.

Flintoff - the ultimate test.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Nnanden said:
Flintoff - the ultimate test.
Didn`t need to hit that you idiot.

Far out, so predictable. If I can predict it, you`re full of crap. Bring in Hussey/Jaques. If Hayden isn`t willing to apply himself, why should we bother with him?