• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jones looking v uncomfortable just now. Not bowling at full pace. Guess we were bound to get at least one injury in the series.

Might just be a touch of cramp again I suppose. Lovely shot from Langer there.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Anyone else see Hoggard's walk back to his mark after the first ball of the innings, flopping his left foot in front of himself as he walked? He looked like a mini version of a yeti.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Jones looking v uncomfortable just now. Not bowling at full pace. Guess we were bound to get at least one injury in the series.

Might just be a touch of cramp again I suppose. Lovely shot from Langer there.
If he can't bowl further into the innings, that means more Harmison, which is probably good for Australia given how he's been performing. Also can't see Giles do much on this pitch on the third day.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
If he can't bowl further into the innings, that means more Harmison, which is probably good for Australia given how he's been performing. Also can't see Giles do much on this pitch on the third day.
Jones looks a lot better now he's getting into the spell. Perhaps it was just a touch of cramp.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Solid mini-session there for Australia. If they can play like that for the rest of the day and be close to level pegging with no more than 3 or 4 down, anything is possible tomorrow...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Solid mini-session there for Australia. If they can play like that for the rest of the day and be close to level pegging with no more than 3 or 4 down, anything is possible tomorrow...
Keep your chin up - that's the spirit. :D

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
greg said:
That the catching is a symptom not a cause of Australia's problems.
Catching is a huge part of Austalia's problem. Put simply, if they take those chances, they could have been in a much better position in the 2nd, 3rd & 4th test, be it a symptom or not.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Keep your chin up - that's the spirit. :D
Hey, I remember a couple of guys from India doing it to us. There's always hope. :p

I believe we had a day 4 with no wickets at all... fancy one?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
FaaipDeOiad said:
Hey, I remember a couple of guys from India doing it to us. There's always hope. :p

I believe we had a day 4 with no wickets at all... fancy one?
I do, I do :p

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Samuel_Vimes said:
Heh, I seem to recall Marc saying that Jones would be the key to this series. How right he was. :)

Congrats on 5000 posts, btw. :)
Almost 1000 of those in this thread... :p

Congratulations, pretty much all your posts are quality and add something to the threads.

Slow Love™

International Captain
I actually think there's a pretty strong argument for replacing Hayden with Hussey next match, and not waiting until the end of the series for the inevitable axing. I think our situation could accurately be described as desperate. There's no shame in the word - the seventh listed definition in the dictionary is "extremely intense".

Even if for whatever reason we don't persist with Hussey long-term, he obviously handles the conditions over there extremely well, and Hayden at this time is essentially deadwood - a man awaiting the noose. There really has to be a limit as to how long we're willing to carry a guy that just isn't coping, in a series we're losing. We already carried Gillespie for too long. The series isn't over yet, McGrath will be returning, and if we can somehow manage to win the last test, we can still retain the Ashes, improbable as that may seem right now.