• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Slow Love™

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
What the heck is Ponting trying to gain going up to the umpires after a not out? It's not the first time it's happened is it?
It isn't, and he and Warnie have been pushing the envelope on this for some time now.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
What the heck is Ponting trying to gain going up to the umpires after a not out? It's not the first time it's happened is it?
He makes a point of it, it seems. I can only assume he would defend it as simply asking why it wasn't out, but it doesn't look good when you can't hear what is being said.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The lead may be 279 but cricket is all about momentum and with this sort of momentum, if England are all out next-ball, the lead may as well be 400.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whether its Eng or Aus on the receiving end, the umpiring in these 2 tests has been sub-standard.

Giles, Jones, Gillespie, Lee, etc are all criticised for their performances. so must the umpires be.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Top_Cat said:
The lead may be 279 but cricket is all about momentum and with this sort of momentum, if England are all out next-ball, the lead may as well be 400.
I wouldn't say that. I mean, if England get a couple of early wickets after this, sure. If Australia are 0/50 after 10 overs though, it won't matter so much. Momentum is important, but not as much as runs on the board.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't say that. I mean, if England get a couple of early wickets after this, sure. If Australia are 0/50 after 10 overs though, it won't matter so much. Momentum is important, but not as much as runs on the board.
Even taking into account the fact it's a 3rd day deck, chasing 250+ in the fourth innings is always very tough. We shall see. :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Geez, I thought the innings break would have been taken already. How wrong can you be.

Anyone who doubts Fred's batting ability can snuff it.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Thank god that's over - well done, Warne, ten for the match. Australia still with a slim chance - it was getting perilously close to game-over, there.

Slow Love™ said:
Thank god that's over - well done, Warne, ten for the match. Australia still with a slim chance - it was getting perilously close to game-over, there.
I'm not sure I'd describe it as being "slim" really.