• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
ah yes Lee has bowled his best ball of the match :D

edit: then he gets smashed through square leg :dry: , oh dear i miss pigeon.....

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
vic_orthdox said:
Still Gillespie was unlucky. And keep in mind that Australia have been doing it for the last 10 years - Duncan Fletcher talked in the ODIs how it was a psychological win for England when someone (can't remember who) refused to give strike to a tail-ender towards the end of an innings, because Australia never does it.
Yes, he was unlucky - I must confess though that I was screaming 'OUT', so spectacular a ball it was. Only when they played the slomo did I realise that it just did so much. Shades of Wasim Akram in his pomp. Mind you, the next ball deserved 2 wickets.

Regarding 'hogging the strike', it seems to be becoming a thing of the past.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Shane Warne said:
Macgill and Warne for the next test.

Should have been in this one as I first said after Lords, but better late than never.
he'll no now that McGrath wont be playing at old trafford it makes no sense in picking Macgill now.....

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shane Warne said:
Macgill and Warne for the next test.

Should have been in this one as I first said after Lords, but better late than never.
If those are the strengths, then yes, play to them.

From England's point of view, I hope we get a bouncy track, although that's unlikely at Old Trafford this year.

Does that mean you go with just 2 seamers? You can't play 12.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scaly piscine said:
I'll have to have a dig around for that game where Flintoff put on 100 or just short of it with Harmison.
Found it, They put on 99 in 18.1 overs - Harmison has scored 3 off 33 balls. That to me was the sort of partnership you'd expect if someone hangs around with a guy like Gilchrist.

Scaly piscine

PY said:
That's turned a mile............:wacko:

Strauss made to look like a fool.
I'd say more like an idiot, can't even cover his stumps. I notice when England got a wicket before lunch they went for lunch, Australia get a wicket the same amount of time before the end of play and they stay on. Is it some rule or is it just more blatant pro Aussie bias... ?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Shane Warne is the one who can bring Australia back into this match, he has a pitch now that is giving him superb assistance. Come on WARNIE.....

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Shane Warne said:
if that was day 3 Imagine Warne on days 4 & 5.
Yeah, old lardarse could have had a field day in three days time, but he won't be, so there's no need to even think about it

PY

International Coach
I'd say more like an idiot, can't even cover his stumps. I notice when England got a wicket before lunch they went for lunch, Australia get a wicket the same amount of time before the end of play and they stay on. Is it some rule or is it just more blatant pro Aussie bias... ?
You and SW should get on MSN together. :p

I was being kind, fool was about as light as I could make it.

Beleg

International Regular
In this case 7 minutes were left. The over before lunch was the last. No pro-Aussie bias here.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
aussie said:
Shane Warne is the one who can bring Australia back into this match, he has a pitch now that is giving him superb assistance. Come on WARNIE.....
He'll have to do it on his own, because frankly on current form he's the only Australian bowler on show who would get into the England side.

Scaly piscine

Beleg said:
In this case 7 minutes were left. The over before lunch was the last. No pro-Aussie bias here.
There weren't that many and that over was the last, there's no difference except for one being lunch and one being the end of play.