• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Nnanden said:
Can`t see how you can go past Harmison myself.
He like's to phrase it as "consistently" England's best bowler, because he says he never see's him bowl a bad spell.

That to me indicates he might think Harmisson at his best would be the best bowler.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Langer could be an important figure. He seems to thrive in situations of adversity, and after making it through Harmison's spell this morning and struggling in the first test, he will be looking to bat for as long as possible. Game will remain about square if Australia make it to lunch 2 down imo.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He might have a wicket but Giles is still managing to bowl a 4 ball an over - which is pretty poor for someone who barely spins it. Flintoff is the only one who has bowled decently so far for England.

Scaly piscine

For those Cricinfo-ers, 22.5 should read something like:

22.5 Flintoff to Martyn, FOUR, back of a length and at the body, it deflects off a clueless Martyn, glove onto and body and flukily falls just inches wide of Geraint.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
i hate these little periods before lunch when Australia are batting, its so never wrecking......

PY

International Coach
Gone, tight one that one is. Tanny Grig might have a point though.

He slowed down a little it looked like?

social

3 wickets given away - AGAIN

Some good batting and bowling in the session but England on top because Aus continue to pay them no respect.

PY

International Coach
From seeing Ponting and his dismissal/innings, I'm beginning to wonder if I was a little harsh on the guys who made 50s and didn't go on, I get the feeling this may be a pitch where scoring runs is very easy but they aren't completely comfortable no matter how long they have been in. :wacko:

Steulen

International Regular
Samuel_Vimes said:
I don't mind that! Go Vaughnie!

Only problem is, Gilchrist is going to feast on this pitch...
...for about 15-20 balls.
Langer to make the first Ashes century today!

Pothas

Hahaha Damien Martyn what an idiot too get run out like that just before lunch. Morning too England and well done Giles because ponting was looking horribly good.

PY

International Coach
Pedro Delgado said:
With Gilly in at 7 it's always hard to gauge where the game is, I have it even with loads of batting still to come.
Especially Katich, if him and Langer get together I wouldn't be surprised if they went along at 3-3.5 an over for 150 because both of them aren't have-a-go strikers of the ball.

I'd make it England 55-45 now (10% shift to England's favour) this morning.