• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Why do the Aussie batsmen always seem to go down when hit, whereas the English (namely Trescothick) just have nothing...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Swervy said:
who won the toss
I`m not doubting that. Dumb, dumb captaincy. But it`s just annoying that the rain falls right before Australia go out to bat. :dry:

Swervy

International Captain
Nnanden said:
I`m not doubting that. Dumb, dumb captaincy. But it`s just annoying that the rain falls right before Australia go out to bat. :dry:
covered pitches..its hardly a sticky wicket is it.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Swervy said:
Haven't seen any of it yet, but if Harmison is swinging it conditions are obviously more helpful for bowling now than they were. I don't see what the point of denying that would be.

The key is that Australia bat well anyway, and things should get easier.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Swervy said:
Not saying that either. But it`s certainly moving around quite a bit more than yesterday.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Haven't seen any of it yet, but if Harmison is swinging it conditions are obviously more helpful for bowling now than they were. I don't see what the point of denying that would be.

The key is that Australia bat well anyway, and things should get easier.
they should, btw sean i think we have reason to be seriously worrried about Hayden's form now....

Craig

World Traveller
Ponting is loving this flat wicket.

I need him to get some runs for Australia to help the Gower Tribe.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Craig said:
I need him to get some runs for Australia to help the Gower Tribe.
I think what you meant to say, is for Martyn to get in and score 500, to help Border. :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I really like Simon Jones. One of the only English players I do like I guess. :p

Action reminds me of Geeves of Tasmania, but Jones is better. :D

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England pretty much gifted every one of Ponting's runs so far, Harmison been unlucky but has bowled too many pullable deliveries.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Bit too short from GBH, some good balls though. May be time for Fred now. SJ keeping it tight, no leg-stump half-volly's as yet.