• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
According to Sky Sports News, he trod on a rugby ball during warm-up and has twisted his ankle. He's having intensive therapy at the moment and may play yet.

Steulen

International Regular
Slats4ever said:
He can have my hammy if he wants. i'll give him a transplant.
It's his ankle, not his hammy.

So what if he doesn't play, Kasper would get England with the old ball.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I sure hope Pigeon gets better. Either way, it's a perfect chance for Gillespie (and Kasper, if he plays for McGrath) to stand up and show what he can do.

andyc

damn... that's no good. england have to be a bit more optimistic, then.
kasper to get 8 for the match. remember i said that

Pothas

Australia win the toss and put england in. Could this injury jujst maybe be the turning point?
we can hope

Pothas

Im not so sure suddenly Australia dont seem as ominous even if they still have a very good atack is it now much better than Englands? i think only warne makes a difference between them now

Steulen

International Regular
Pothas said:
Im not so sure suddenly Australia dont seem as ominous even if they still have a very good atack is it now much better than Englands? i think only warne makes a difference between them now
No, McGrath is a loss. But Gillespie can now play as an opening bowler while Kasprowicz wreaks havoc with the old ball. I'd still rate this attack higher than England's.

Pothas

Steulen said:
No, McGrath is a loss. But Gillespie can now play as an opening bowler while Kasprowicz wreaks havoc with the old ball. I'd still rate this attack higher than England's.
Harmisoon, Flintoff are just as good if not better than any of Australias 3 bowlers so id say the pace atacks are now about equal. As i say the only real difference in the bowling is now warne. Im not saying the teams as a whole are now equal but it can be denied that this makes it a lot closer. It is also a dampish green wicket Warne on a similar pitch at the rose bowl earlier this year decided too bowl some seam maybe hel try the samw :p

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Steulen said:
Well if McGrath's injury doesn't give England some much needed confidence then nothing will - there may be difficult batting conditions this morning but Australia have lost their first test star and if England start strongly, they have a chance IMO.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Pothas said:
Harmisoon, Flintoff are just as good if not better than any of Australias 3 bowlers so id say the pace atacks are now about equal. As i say the only real difference in the bowling is now warne. Im not saying the teams as a whole are now equal but it can be denied that this makes it a lot closer. It is also a dampish green wicket Warne on a similar pitch at the rose bowl earlier this year decided too bowl some seam maybe hel try the samw :p
I still rate Australia's attack higher - without Lee, it may be a different story though. Flintoff seemed to struggle a little in the first test facing the Australian batsmen, Hoggard was inconsistent and it appears as though Jones' confidence comes and goes. In my opinion, Kasprowicz and Gillespie, although particularly the latter is definitely out of form, still combine with Lee and Warne to form a stronger line-up.