• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's Simon Jones done wrong (other than the fact that he must have slept with AMZ's lady zebra)? I honestly can see a thousand reasons why Geraint might be playing county cricket next week, but Simon bowled his guts out.
Oh dear GOD, he's found another Corky!!!

:D

Sorry, man. I couldn't resist. Plus, I think you're right too. His results in no way reflected the way he bowled and certainly not the effort. As far as I'm concerned, England need a bowler like Jones because even when things are really not going their way and Aust may be 0/300, Jones looks to be the sort of bowler you can rely upon for a good aggressive spell to make something happen - even if he forces a wicket at the other end.

King_Ponting

International Regular
Jones has been the england bowler that has looked most likely to get a wicket..... Much more so than harmison and flintoff

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
aussie said:
What's Simon Jones done wrong (other than the fact that he must have slept with AMZ's lady zebra)? I honestly can see a thousand reasons why Geraint might be playing county cricket next week, but Simon bowled his guts out.
oops i thought that lad had posted ''I would definately drop Simon Jones`` :wacko: , my mistake since i dont think neither of Jone's should be dropped.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Another one. Can't really expect Mr. Hoggard to be able to play that. I doubt many top order batsmen would've been able to hit that.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
50 for KP, excellent debut from him (with the bat anyway), even if this innings will be virtually useless in the circumstances... unless it rains for another day-and-a-bit, of course.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Adamc said:
Another one. Can't really expect Mr. Hoggard to be able to play that. I doubt many top order batsmen would've been able to hit that.
Indeed, think it hit him just outside off tho, unfortunately the ompact of the ball helped move Hoggard's leg in line with the stumps.

Anyway, just another of those 'plumb' decisions Warne was waffling on about...

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Warne gets an LBW now. More or less plumb; tailenders generally don't get the benefit of the doubt anyway.

King_Ponting

International Regular
Adamc said:
brilliant ball there. and sbs are covering the cricket now :D

PommieMacGill

State Regular
I'm afraid Geraint Jones isn't the answer to our wicketkeeping woes. I haven't been a big fan of him but this test match has made my mind up.

So far in his Test Match career he hasn't done anything spectacular with the bat and his wicketkeeping is decent at best. The shot he played today was awful and totally irresponsible given the position we were in.

We need to look to alternatives such as Matt Prior or even look to bring back Chris Read who is without doubt the best gloveman in England. Jones is simply not good enough.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I said the taff was a compulsive heaver...

And that concludes the most pathetic disgraceful display of batting (bar one player) I've seen in a long time.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Drop G Jones and Giles NOW!!!

Positives for England:
Pietersen
Harmisons bowling, I guess...

....IMHO.