• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Asia Cup 2004 Thread

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't get this... have India given up? Pathan came with a gettable 7 an over needed, now the required rate is over 10. Pathan has scored 9 off 37! Doesn't make sense to me.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Adamc said:
I don't get this... have India given up? Pathan came with a gettable 7 an over needed, now the required rate is over 10. Pathan has scored 9 off 37! Doesn't make sense to me.
They're aiming for the bonus point. At some stage (probably when Parthan came to the wicket), Ganguly must have decided it was better to consolidate and get the crucial point, rather than potentially suicide, swinging the bat with the tail exposed so early.

Pakistan will be desperate to get it themselves, but unfortunately they only have about 18 runs to play with...

Slow Love™

International Captain
India have three wickets in hand, and 2 overs to get 11 runs for that all-important bonus point. CAN YOU FEEL THE TENSION???? (I get the sense most Indian supporters have probably switched off already.)

Maybe The Shoaib can finish it - the Indians should get there though.

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hey people....i'm back
Pakistan inflict a crucial defeat on india.....superb performance from the pakistanis......wonderful stuff.....hahahahhahahaha

hum hain pakistani hum to jeetein gaye haan jeetein gaye

biased indian

International Coach
what does woolmer bring to pakistan Cricket

A good understanding of Maths they where actually thinking that india needed to score 241 when they actually needed 240

and for the game

What a performance by the great team from india they are showing good form to the coming matches in the season.And i dont find any reason for pakistan to worry as india will find it hard to beat the SL team unless they decide to rest some players.and an intresting fact was that the top 2 wicket takers of the series was having a 50+ run partnership. :D :D :D

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
biased indian said:
what does woolmer bring to pakistan Cricket

A good understanding of Maths they where actually thinking that india needed to score 241 when they actually needed 240

and for the game

What a performance by the great team from india they are showing good form to the coming matches in the season.And i dont find any reason for pakistan to worry as india will find it hard to beat the SL team unless they decide to rest some players.and an intresting fact was that the top 2 wicket takers of the series was having a 50+ run partnership. :D :D :D

hahahahahhahahahhahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

i think i need to send u some tissues

warpigs

Cricket Spectator
loss ;(

India lose R B 4 6
Imran Nazir lbw b Pathan 1 4 0 0
Y Hameed b Kumble 31 55 4 0
S Malik c Kaif b Tendulkar 143 127 18 1
Inzamam-ul-Haq c Yuvraj b Harbhajan 34 48 2 1
Y Youhana c Kaif b Kumble 29 28 3 0
Abdul Razzaq b Pathan 22 19 1 0
Moin Khan c Harbhajan b Pathan 14 13 1 0
Younis Khan b Tendulkar 4 6 0 0
M Sami c Kaif b Tendulkar 1 3 0 0
S Akhtar not out 0 0 0 0
S Ahmed

R B 4 6
V Sehwag c Moin b Shabbir 1 5 0 0
S Tendulkar c Nazir b Malik 78 103 7 0
S Ganguly b Sami 39 45 5 1
R Dravid lbw Razzaq 5 9 0 0
Yuvraj Singh c & b Malik 28 29 4 0
M Kaif run out (younis) 3 18 0 0
I Pathan c Nazir b Akhtar 38 75 2 0
Harbhajan Singh c younis b Shabbir 2 8 0 0
L Balaji not out 5 11 0 0
A Kumble not out 4 5 1 0
A Nehra

Swervy

International Captain
Mecnun said:
What the hell is the point of this stupid bonus point?
indeed, Pakistan obviously completely outplayed India today..why on earth should India actually get a point out of it,all it did was encourage conservative play from India.#

EDIT: Ok ...so India didnt get a bonus point...but still, its a silly rule

Last edited:

NikhilN

International Regular
Mecnun said:
What the hell is the point of this stupid bonus point?
India needed the bonus because if they didnt get that point they wouldnt have had a chance to get to the final...if India did not get the bonus today they would be at 6...not 7...which means if they even won the sri lanka match with the bonus point they would be even with sri lanka 12 12...so with this bonus point India has a chance

Swervy

International Captain
Nikhil4eva said:
India needed the bonus because if they didnt get that point they wouldnt have had a chance to get to the final...if India did not get the bonus today they would be at 6...not 7...which means if they even won the sri lanka match with the bonus point they would be even with sri lanka 12 12...so with this bonus point India has a chance

I think the point is..Why even have the bonus point thing in there anyway.

A win is a win in my book, you cant have varying degrees of victory, you either have outscored the opposition or you havent.

I cant see what is wrong with just having the net run rate as an added incentive to get close to the opponents score if you are losing a game

NikhilN

International Regular
Swervy said:

A win is a win in my book, you cant have varying degrees of victory, you either have outscored the opposition or you havent.

I cant see what is wrong with just having the net run rate as an added incentive to get close to the opponents score if you are losing a game
Well I dont think you can change it so live with it :P

biased indian

International Coach
Swervy said:

the problem in this tournament is that if net run rate was taken into equation with out bonus point the pakistan would have had the advantage as they are playing bangladesh last(with all respect to BAN)

Swervy

International Captain
Nikhil4eva said:
Well I dont think you can change it so live with it :P
so one cant express an opinion (shared with many others in fact) if one cant do anything to change it????

Swervy

International Captain
biased indian said:
the problem in this tournament is that if net run rate was taken into equation with out bonus point the pakistan would have had the advantage as they are playing bangladesh last(with all respect to BAN)
dont understand (maybe I am being stupid here)...why does that put Pakistan at an advantage...apart from the obvious advantage Pakistan should have gained over India by hammering them (Victory by 59 runs in a 50 over game is pretty conclusive to me)

shankar

International Debutant
The bonus point is a decent idea as long as its only for the winning team. It ensures that the game doesnt become boring too early. But the idea of the losing team getting a point is ludicrous.

Swervy

International Captain
i think it is just too easy to get the bonus point...in my eyes, if there needs to be a bonus point system going on, only apply for truely remarkable victories ie. scoring the winning runs within say 25 overs of a 50 over over game, or scoring more than double the opponents score if you were batting first

But better still, just get rid of it all together

biased indian

International Coach
shankar said:
The bonus point is a decent idea as long as its only for the winning team. It ensures that the game doesnt become boring too early. But the idea of the losing team getting a point is ludicrous.
at least this game was intresting until the last ball :D

Last edited: