• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Airtel Twenty20 Champions League 2009

shivfan

Banned
By the way, what do you expect of T&T, Eagles and Wayamba? From the stat sheets, I find that T&T are relative newcomers in T20 and have played few matches. Wayamba have a very strong bowling attack but the batting, dependent solely on Mahela, lacks striking power. Meanwhile, Eagles don't have any famous player (except Morne van Wyk and Ryan McLaren) and the stats are not even impressive, and were virtually written off by Cricinfo.
Trinidad might have played only a few matches as a team, but the players have played a reasonable amount of 20/20 cricket during their careers so far, at various levels.....

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Even though I'm far from being a huge fan of Twenty20, I can't help but agree with Nath here. Great to see anything that gives domestic cricket teams (especially NSW :p) more exposure.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bout ****ing time Warner. **** couldn't spell "gap" in the first 4 overs. Better now.

Stapel

International Regular
David Warner goes from 2 from 12 to 20 from 19. I was just wondering why he was so modest. In both T20 & T20I, he averages around 30, with a 140 strike rate.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
It will be interesting to see how Henriques goes in this tournament, people talk him up a lot but he hasn't done a lot so far. Is he thought of as being better at the longer game or shorter batting-wise?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It will be interesting to see how Henriques goes in this tournament, people talk him up a lot but he hasn't done a lot so far. Is he thought of as being better at the longer game or shorter batting-wise?
He's definitely a better bowler in the longer form IMO, I don't think his batting really suits one format more than the other though. Probably suits limited overs stuff slightly more if anything, despite what his averages will tell you.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just for the sake of irony.
I'd probably rather Nannes have a shocker as well tbh, for a couple of reasons.

1. The more Victorians who fail, the better. :p
2. If they got Nannes'd it'd give them a pretty fair excuse to have a right old whinge about it.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd probably rather Nannes have a shocker as well tbh, for a couple of reasons.

1. The more Victorians who fail, the better. :p
2. If they got Nannes'd it'd give them a pretty fair excuse to have a right old whinge about it.
Lol, true enough.