• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** 2004 Natwest Series (Eng, NZL, WI)

Langeveldt

Soutie
tooextracool said:
yes the batting pretty much ends at 5.....ive being trying to work out why exactly those 3 goons are in the side and this is the best possible explanation i came up with.

for some unknown reason the selectors believe that rikki clarke is an all rounder and provides the balance that flintoff would have,mcgrath was picked because they needed a middle order player and key doesnt fit the bill there, meanwhile blackwell was picked for providing the variety in the bowling attack.
which means not only do we have only 5 batsmen but we're also going to have a problem getting 20 overs from clarke,blackwell and mcgrath.......
Nice explanation...

But at the end of the day, like most things it can probably explained by some financial/political bungling that we havent figured out yet...

tooextracool

International Coach
blackwell just demonstrated precisely how large a brain he really has......now rikki clarke will come in and go for the reverse sweep.
ahh even the west indians are humiliating us.....

Langeveldt

Soutie
I can't wait until Duncan Fletcher and his "Colgate Crew" realize that when you pick poor players you tend to lose games of cricket... IF you stuck the test lineup against these third rate west indian medium pacers (at the moment they are) I very much doubt they would be seven down for sod all....

biased indian

International Coach
when i last saw the game live it was 82-2
and now as i see score they are 134-7
england has come a long way did they all get out for poor shot or good bowling

tooextracool

International Coach
Revelation said:
Very good bowling from WI.

Eng-147 all out.
i wouldnt put it down solely as good bowling from the WI, you only had to look at the selection of the english side to determine what would have after we lost our top order.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
is this a day night game ?

Its 1:14am here in nz.. so i got no idea of time over there :P

Hehe i aint seen a day ODI in Ages (Pretty much all the ODIS here in nz are at night)

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
West Indies seemingly not after the bonus point. Not very thrilling stuff, I'm finding myself watching Tim Henman's match much more than the cricket at the moment.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Something that seems to have gone completely unnoticed amidst the draw yesterday: Brian Lara became the West Indies' highest career runscorer in ODI's (surpassing Des Haynes).

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Who in India gets ESPN? In Mumbai (North East), the feud between cable-ops and the pay channels has resulted in this channel being blanked out. This channel shows the NatWest series here.