• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** 2004 Natwest Series (Eng, NZL, WI)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Tuffey has immediately started bowling better since the change from Duke (Tests) to Kookabura (ODI's) balls.
I think Marshall has also lifted the side since he's arrived with his batting form & bright personality.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I would have liked to have seen McCullum bat in this series because I think he's starting to establish himself at international level.

Why doesn't NZ give Papps the gloves so that they strengthen the batting even more?

tooextracool

International Coach
trescos gone.....england 0/1
the selectors never fail to baffle me, anthony mcgrath,rikki clarke and ian blackwell are all in the starting lineup....leaving out both key and mahmood.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
While Ian Bradshaw falls apart suddenly at one end, Jermaine Lawson is really bowling very well right now. He's starting to make his way back to his best.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
MoxPearl said:
whos the sky commentator with the glasses ?

Everything that comes out his mouth sounds like a fart.. i thought it throu the entire test series aswell... in his eyes rain and LIGHT was "Extremelly unfair on the west indies"

hmmm i didnt know that rain and bad light made batting easyer ?
The West Indies had to field the wet ball, run on the soaked outfield, land on the skiddy bowling run-up, grip the wet ball whilst bowling, catch the wet ball.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The West Indies had to field the wet ball, run on the soaked outfield, land on the skiddy bowling run-up, grip the wet ball whilst bowling, catch the wet ball.
and hitting the ball.. running runs... seeing the ball.. hitting the ball.. is easy in the rain and dark ? :P

Oh yeah.. what does anti dazzle mean by the way :P

Langeveldt

Soutie
Can somebody (again) tell me what the hell Rikki Clarke and Anthony McGrath are doing in the England line up??

Its like having two Ronnie Irani's...

tooextracool

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
Can somebody (again) tell me what the hell Rikki Clarke and Anthony McGrath are doing in the England line up??

Its like having two Ronnie Irani's...
yes the batting pretty much ends at 5.....ive being trying to work out why exactly those 3 goons are in the side and this is the best possible explanation i came up with.

for some unknown reason the selectors believe that rikki clarke is an all rounder and provides the balance that flintoff would have,mcgrath was picked because they needed a middle order player and key doesnt fit the bill there, meanwhile blackwell was picked for providing the variety in the bowling attack.
which means not only do we have only 5 batsmen but we're also going to have a problem getting 20 overs from clarke,blackwell and mcgrath.......