• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** 2004 Natwest Series (Eng, NZL, WI)

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
This will be a test for the WI too.They're better batting second.We'll also get to see more of England's bowlers as Harmison,Gough and Anderson have been the only ones bowling all series.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
We seem to have gone from one extreme to the other. I'm happy to see Key in the side and I hope he opens, but we only have 3 bowlers, assuming Flintoff won't turn his arm. Quite what Lara & co will do with 20 overs from McGrath, Collingwood & Trescothick doesn't bear thinking about.

roseboy64

Batting collapse not likely.Dwayne Smith in though............The other bowlers need to prove their worth.Let's see if they can take wickets without Harmison.

roseboy64

It'd take something special from Harmo to cause a batting collapse because excepting Gough and Anderson the bowling looks shoddy.Is Giles playing?

roseboy64

The English batting looks stronger this game though.We'll see if England really needed Flintoff.Certainly his bowling though.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It sounded like Srawan was keen to get away from Harmison. Nice of him to remove Gayle though.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Quite right too. They will expect to score pretty freely off England's 3rd, 4th & 5th bowlers. I hope Anderson does well though. He's not without ability, and if he gets his confidence back he could be a factor in the tests.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Great start by Anderson, and I'm dead pleased for him. It will be interesting to see how Sarwan & the others play our part-timers now. They'll have a lot less freedom with 4 wickets down, but they should still be able to build a score.

roseboy64

Gayle was in flowing form.Unfortunate for him to be run out.Oh.........50 up for the West Indies.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Anthony McGrath's first ball was rubbish. I haven't seen Dwayne Bravo bat before so will be looking forward to seeing what he can do - that on drive off Anderson was impressive.