• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Okay. So how many affirmative answers do we have.

Q6(SJS)Is Zak a player ? YES
Q9(The Baconator)Was the team a test team?YES
Q10(SJS)Are the runs cricket runs as widely undestood ? (Not tummy 'runs' or something else)YES
Q13(SJS)Was Zak someone who got player/players for the team which resulted in their getting 1000 runs? YES

one hint : Hint 2: The Inital"incident" was an accident(why is it called hint 2 and what is the initial incident) This hint makes it clear as mud :wacko:

So in a test match a player 'Zak' , who was not playing in the game, but got player/s for the team which resulted in their 'getting' 1000 runs !

Was this post WW2 ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
membersstand said:
Or was he the compiler (manager) of the fantasy team ?
If we start getting 'fantasy' questions here, we might as well give this thread a decent burial :sleep:

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
SJS said:
If we start getting 'fantasy' questions here, we might as well give this thread a decent burial :sleep:
Well we're pretty well stumped otherwise.

This led me to fantasy:
Q13(SJS)Was Zak someone who got player/players for the team which resulted in their getting 1000 runs? YES

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
membersstand said:
Well we're pretty well stumped otherwise.

This led me to fantasy:
Yes. You may have a point. But it could be an organiser of a tour or a sponsor who paid for a player/players to join/play for the team and these players scored the thousand runs !!

And this organiser was a player himself !

The only time test players were sponsered by individuals was in the early days of the game. hence my question regarding WW@. But I agree, we are well and truly stumped :wacko:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Zak was possibly a runner for an injured player/s and as a runner he got 1000 runs for the Team :) :) or

An injured player who needed a runner , and Zak ran his 1000th run for him. :D :D

How's that ? Does that sound plausible ? :laugh: :laugh:

Now let's try and find which player needed a runner to get his 1000th run in any particular year !! (sounds easy to me :laugh: )

Darn Jamee and his abstract questions !! :naughty: :****ed: :confused:

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Zak was possibly a runner for an injured player/s and as a runner he got 1000 runs for the Team :) :) or

An injured player who needed a runner , and Zak ran his 1000th run for him. :D :D
That would require an entire career as a professional runner. Even then it may not be enough 100 tests if he ran 10 runs per test as a runner on an average :p

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
JASON said:

A runner must be a member of the team..

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
SJS said:
Was this post WW2 ?
YES

I'll say it wasn't for a fantasy team and make that 1 question.

JASON said:
An injured player who needed a runner , and Zak ran his 1000th run for him.
NO

SJS said:
Is Zak a nickname ?
NO

Q1(Steds) There were two different "Zak's" with the same name? NO
Q2(The Baconator) Is "Zak" extras in another language? NOT APPLICABLE
Q3(Jason)To get 1000 runs. would Zak have been given it ? NO Zak was not given any runs
Q4(Steulen)He was an opposition team bowler who didn't do too well in matches against them that year?NO
Q5(SJS)He was an opposing bowler who bowled a thousand wides and no balls against them ? NO
Q6(SJS)Is Zak a player ? YES
Q7(Mr Mxyzptlk)Was Zak the 12th man and did the scoring or operated the scoreboard? NO
Q8(Pratyush)was Zaq Zaheer Khan or Zaheer Abbas? NO
Q9(The Baconator)Was the team a test team?YES
Q10(SJS)Are the runs cricket runs as widely undestood ? (Not tummy 'runs' or something else)YES
Q11(JASON)Was "Zak" the groundsman/curator ?NO
Hint 2: The Inital"incident" was an accident
Q12(The Argonaut)Was the incident a technicality of the rules that wasn't understood by an umpire (former player)? NO
Q14(thememberstand)Was Zak named in the 11, got injured before the match (in an accidental incident), and didn't take any part in the match, meaning he was still a team member, and so scored "team runs", without actually "playing for that team??NO
Q15(SJS)Was this post WW2 ? YES
Q16(memberstand)Was it a fantasy team?NO
Q17(JASON)An injured player who needed a runner , and Zak ran his 1000th run for him? NO
Q18(SJS)Is Zak a nickname?NO
HINT 3 Initially the incident was thought BAD for the team

indie2

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I'll leave it to someone else to post the guy's name -- I can't do the next question as I'm away for the weekend anyway, so help yourselves...

willb88

Cricket Spectator
Question

What would happen if the batsman hit the ball back to the bowler from his crease, the bowler threw the ball back to the stumps and the batsmen jumped out of the way and whilst he was in the air the ball hit the stumps,, would he be out or not out?

(A general cricket question, that actually needs cricket knowledge to answer rather than being able to search the internet.)