• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

A unique Test Match !

Q 1 was it the abandoned Test Match of 1973 (due to defaced pitch by campaigners wanting George Davis freed) ? No
Q 2 Was it the only test with 4 ball overs ? No
Hint 1 - Its uniqueness comes from the players involved in it ! :) :p
Q3 Did it involve an English team? Yes
Q4 Was it played in the 19th century? Yes. :) :p

Q5 Is the record related to the selection/dropping of players ? No.
Tapioca said:
6. Are the 'players involved in it' just two players ?
Q6 No. :) (I know you are already onto it Tapioca !! :) This is what happens when you give a clue early !! In this Instance I gave an early hint because a newcomer to this thread was requesting one . :) :) )

Last edited:

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
7. Was one of those players WG Grace ?

Giving a clue early is better than being clueless for three days, as it was for a recent question :)

Edit : Deleted a comment and brought it back !

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Tapioca said:
7. Was one of those players WG Grace ?

Giving a clue early is better than being clueless for three days, as it was for a recent question :)
Q7 No.

Fair enough. I am not complaining. I agree it makes it more interesting when people try to answer instead of being clueless and uninterested !

Ha Ha Ha I took your comments before you could delete it! No need to delete mate ! Its fair comment !

Besides when more attempts are made it helps boost my post count ! :laugh: :happy:

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Tapioca said:
Was the test match in 1891/92 in which four Hearnes played, three for England, one for South Africa ?

Q 10 Correct !! Well done ! :clapping: :clapping:

Here's the Cricinfo profile of Frank Hearne .
A member of the famous Hearne family, brother of Test players Alec and George, cousin of Test player JT and first-class cricketers GF, Herbert and Walter, father to Test player GAC, and son of George Hearn of Middlesex. Frank had the most unusual career of the three Hearne brothers, playing both for England against South Africa, and for South Africa against England. In 1891-2, he represented South Africa against a side that contained his two brothers and his cousin JT. A short man, Hearne was a solid batsman with a strong defence and a range of attacking shots, favouring the off-side. He also occasionally bowled fast round-arm. He toured South Africa in 1888-89, playing in two Tests, and subsequently decided to settle there (mainly for health reasons), leaving Kent and playing for Western Province. As well as playing in the Test of 1891-2, he also returned to England with the South African tourists of 1894, and played in the 1895-6 return tour to South Africa (DL 2000).

Your turn to ask next question.

Last edited:

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
I have two test matches in mind, which form a strange combination. Which are they ?

(Not very well worded, I fear :( )

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:
I have two test matches in mind, which form a strange combination. Which are they ?

(Not very well worded, I fear :( )
Is one of the teams in these two matches common ?

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
2. Is one of the teams in these two matches common ?

YES

Please see the correction in the earlier answer. I thought that Jason was asking whether it was the same team