• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
Question: I'm thinking of a number between one and 500 (the number is 229). This number is intereresting in that it is in at least four ways related to cricket. Name three of these.

Question 1: Ferd: Is it over 250? NO
Question 2: SJS: Is it 229, The lowest score yet to be scored by any batsman in tests ? YES

However it is important in more ways than this. Name 3 of the 4...
Clue #1: Of the three remaining, one is a record, one is important and one is interesting

Question 3: SJS: is the one which is a record a batting record ? YES
Question 4: SJS: Is it the Highest number of runs conseded by a Kiwi bowler in a test. 1 for 229 in 70 overs by SL Boock vs Pakistan in 1988-89? NO, not one of the ones I was thinking of

Clue #2: All three remaining answers are related to One Day International Cricket

Question 5: SJS: Is it a dubious record - not one you would be proud to own? NO

Clue #3: The record does not belong to a batsman.

Question 6: chris.hinton: is it 499 the second highest score in first class cricket? NO
Question 7: Jamee99: Is it the only First Class Score that has been made 4 times in a match? NO
Question 8: The Baconator: Is it because 229 was scored in the 229th ODI? NO

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
Question: I'm thinking of a number between one and 500 (the number is 229). This number is intereresting in that it is in at least four ways related to cricket. Name three of these.

Question 2: SJS: Is it 229, The lowest score yet to be scored by any batsman in tests ? YES

Clue #1: Of the three remaining, one is a record, one is important and one is interesting

Question 4: SJS: Is it the Highest number of runs conseded by a Kiwi bowler in a test. 1 for 229 in 70 overs by SL Boock vs Pakistan in 1988-89? NO, not one of the ones I was thinking of

Clue #2: All three remaining answers are related to One Day International Cricket

Question 6: chris.hinton: is it 499 the second highest score in first class cricket? NO
Question 7: Jamee99: Is it the only First Class Score that has been made 4 times in a match? NO
Question 9: Bookie: Is it by any chance a partnership record? NO

Bookie

U19 12th Man
229 is interesting, I sadly say, as it was the score that made South Africa tie in 'that' match against Sri Lanka in the World Cup '03, and made Shaun Maclean lose his captaincy :crybaby: .

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
Question: I'm thinking of a number between one and 500. This number is intereresting in that it is in at least four ways related to cricket. Name three of these.

ANSWERS
1. Number: The number is 229
2. A record:
3. Something important:
4. Something interesting: 229 is the score South Africa incorrectly calculated as their winning margin when they were eliminated from the 2003 World Cup
5. Something else: 229 is the lowest score never to be made by a batsman in a completed test innings

20 QUESTIONS

Question 10: Bookie: Is it because 229 was the score that made South Africa tie in 'that' match against Sri Lanka in the World Cup '03? YES, that is the 'interesting' one.

229 is also the number of test wickets with which Darren Gough retired.
This is not one I was thinking of

Last edited:

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
Question: I'm thinking of a number between one and 500. This number is intereresting in that it is in at least four ways related to cricket. Name three of these.

ANSWERS
2. A record:
3. Something important:
4. Something interesting: 229 is the score South Africa incorrectly calculated as their winning margin when they were eliminated from the 2003 World Cup
5. Something else: 229 is the lowest score never to be made by a batsman in a completed test innings

20 QUESTIONS

Question 10: Bookie: Is it because 229 was the score that made South Africa tie in 'that' match against Sri Lanka in the World Cup '03? YES, that is the 'interesting' one.

Question 11: Bookie: Is it the fact that a cricket ball's circumference must be 229mm? NO (23cm ?!?!)

membersstand

State Vice-Captain

ANSWERS
2. A record:
3. Something important:

20 QUESTIONS

Question 11: Bookie: Is it the fact that a cricket ball's circumference must be 229mm? NO

Last edited:

Bookie

U19 12th Man
Sorry to Cricketweb users for hogging up this space, but forgive me, but we'll shut this shithole of a question for once and for all.

229 was the score that Bangladesh scored in their first win on home soil against Inida, which also happened to be their 100th ODI.

membersstand

State Vice-Captain

ANSWERS
2. A record:
3. Something important: 229 Is the score Bangladesh made when they won their first home ODI, in their 100th match, against India.

20 QUESTIONS

Question 11: Bookie: Is it the fact that a cricket ball's circumference must be 229mm? NO

Question 12:
Bookie said:
Sorry to Cricketweb users for hogging up this space, but forgive me, but we'll shut this shithole of a question for once and for all.

229 was the score that Bangladesh scored in their first win on home soil against Inida, which also happened to be their 100th ODI.

Bookie has ever-so eloquently identified the Important (with some help via MSN).
If anyone wants a go at the record (It's the easiest of the lot) do it now otherwise I'll post the answer.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Bookie said:

Thats very sweet of you. :)

As a goodwill gesture, we want you to post the next quetion too :D

Bookie

U19 12th Man
Cheers, SJS. If you want me to give you guys a question, I'll post one within fifteen minutes, then log off, I might come on once agains in the next 4-5 hourse, but I doubt it and you'll have to wait till 10am Australian EST tomroow. Anyway, I'll get to trying to find a challenging question.

Bookie

U19 12th Man
QUESTION (fairly easy with a bit of researching): What is the common factor between Andrew Zesers, Kim Barnett, and Pankaj Dharmani?

Clue (as for now), and you probably wont need any more: ODI's

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry. Thats incorrect.

Their highest scores are all made up og the digit 8

Dharmani 8

Zesers 8 not out

Barnett 88

:p

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
May as well finish of mine...

ANSWERS
2. A record: 229*, highest ODI score, Belinda Clarke
3. Something important: 229 Is the score Bangladesh made when they won their first home ODI, in their 100th match, against India.

20 QUESTIONS

Question 12: Is it because 229 was the score that Bangladesh scored in their first win on home soil against Inida, which also happened to be their 100th ODI? YES, this is the important one

The record was 229*, the highest ever ODI score, by Australia's BELINDA CLARKE