• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
membersstand said:
You weren't meant to ask, you were meant to answer..
Pardon :)

I didnt realise.

One reason is the one I gave that 229 is a score never made. How many more do you need ?

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
Well there are three more, and I'll say this: one's a record, one's important and one's interesting

And you've eighteen questions remaining

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
membersstand said:
Well there are three more, and I'll say this: one's a record, one's important and one's interesting

And you've eighteen questions remaining
Is the one which is a record a batting record ?

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
Question: I'm thinking of a number between one and 500. What is the number and what is its cricketing significance ?

Question 1: Ferd: Is it over 250? NO
Question 2: SJS: Is it 229, The lowest score yet to be scored by any batsman in tests ? YES

However it is important in more ways than this. Name 3 of the 4...
Clue: Of the three remaining, one is a record, one is important and one is interesting

Question 3: SJS: is the one which is a record a batting record ? YES

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Highest number of runs conseded by a Kiwi bowler in a test. 1 for 229 in 70 overs by SL Boock vs Pakistan in 1988-89

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
Question: I'm thinking of a number between one and 500. What is the number and what is its cricketing significance ?

Question 2: SJS: Is it 229, The lowest score yet to be scored by any batsman in tests ? YES

Clue: Of the three remaining, one is a record, one is important and one is interesting

Question 4: SJS: Is it the Highest number of runs conseded by a Kiwi bowler in a test. 1 for 229 in 70 overs by SL Boock vs Pakistan in 1988-89? NO, not one of the ones I was thinking of

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
membersstand said:

Question 4: SJS: Is it the Highest number of runs conseded by a Kiwi bowler in a test. 1 for 229 in 70 overs by SL Boock vs Pakistan in 1988-89? NO, not one of the ones I was thinking of

You know there could be many. I just discovered this one. I may find more :)

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
Question: I'm thinking of a number between one and 500 (the number is 229). This number is intereresting in that it is in at least four ways related to cricket. Name three of these.

Clue #1: Of the three remaining, one is a record, one is important and one is interesting

Clue #2: All three remaining answers are related to One Day International Cricket

Last edited:

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
SJS said:
You know there could be many. I just discovered this one. I may find more :)
Hence the clues to narrow you down..
I had said it was a batting record, you really didn't need to show me up like that :D

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
membersstand said:
Hence the clues to narrow you down..
I had said it was a batting record, you really didn't need to show me up like that :D

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
Question: I'm thinking of a number between one and 500 (the number is 229). This number is intereresting in that it is in at least four ways related to cricket. Name three of these.

Clue #1: Of the three remaining, one is a record, one is important and one is interesting

Clue #2: All three remaining answers are related to One Day International Cricket

Question 5: SJS: Is it a dubious record - not one you would be proud to own? NO

Last edited:

membersstand

State Vice-Captain

Question 5: SJS: Is it a dubious record - not one you would be proud to own? NO

Clue #3: The record does not belong to a batsman.

NB: membersstand has retired for the night and will return circa 12.00 (AEDT) on 18/1/05. All questions will be answered then.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Complete stab in the dark.

Is it the only First Class Score that has been made 4 times in a match eg.
Team A score 229 & 229 and Team B score 229 & 229?