• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
membersstand said:
Yes, 388 for 4th wicket, was/is that a record ?
Q17 The record is most byes as already established !! Who holds the record and what were the cicumstances that lead to the record coming into being ?

Ferd

U19 Vice-Captain
5th Test, 37 Byes conceded in 1 innings because Ames injured himself batting. I would say Hammond was keeping at the time

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Q15 Is it the most byes in a Test Match , Eng v Aus 1934 ? Yes . Well done Membersstand !! :clap: :clap:

Who holds the record ? What are the circumstancs that resulted in the record being achieved in this game ?
In Aus's 2nd inings of the 5th test there were 37 byes. Ames was the keeper. Maybe he was injured and Woolley was asked to keep wickets since he had kept before. I think so but am not to sure.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Ferd said:
5th Test, 37 Byes conceded in 1 innings because Ames injured himself batting. I would say Hammond was keeping at the time
Q 18 No .Circumstances are correct .

Ames was injured.

The Substitute keeper was Frank Woolley at 47 years of age was surely the oldest Wicket keeper :D :D (where the position requires great degree of agility :) ) in the history of Test Cricket .

Congratulations Membersstand your turn to ask next question.

Last edited:

Ferd

U19 Vice-Captain
Ames' back injury and the problems that developed from it was also what forced him to retire almost 15 years later

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
membersstand said:
Damn I was just about to say so...
You got most of it right . well done .

Jamee999 said:
I'd just seen it but I didn't know who the keeper was. :(

Good Question Jason.
Thanks Mate.

Ferd said:
Ames' back injury and the problems that developed from it was also what forced him to retire almost 15 years later
Ferd, You did contribute to getting the final answer !! Well done Mate.

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

A unique pair of cricketers achieving a rare combination record nearly 30 years apart !!

membersstand said:
Were they father and son ?
Q1 Were they father and son ? yes

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
membersstand said:
were they cairns ?

were they pollock ?
Q2 were they Cairns ? No

Q3 were they Pollock? No.

(I hope you are not going to waste your 20 questions with every father and son combination known , because as I recall their's plenty more than 20 there!! :laugh: :laugh: )

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Is the record a performance record (as against a record just by participating in the tests)?