• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
JASON said:
Q13 is it the first time the same country was playing tests in two countries at the same time ? (ie Eng v NZ January 10,11,13 1930 and Eng v WI 11,13,14,15 Jan 1930)

I'd say so..that is bizarre..

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
JASON said:
Q13 is it the first time the same country was playing tests in two countries at the same time ? (ie Eng v NZ January 10,11,13 1930 and Eng v WI 11,13,14,15 Jan 1930)
Jason gets it :cheers:

England played two Test matches against two countries simultaneously.

Looks like I made an error. There are two pairs of Tests in the season which satisfies this condition :

http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/1920S/1929-30/ENG_IN_NZ/ENG_NZ_T1_10-13JAN1930.html and http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/1920S/1929-30/ENG_IN_WI/ENG_WI_T1_11-16JAN1930.html

&

http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/1920S/1929-30/ENG_IN_NZ/ENG_NZ_T4_21-24FEB1930.html
and
http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/1920S/1929-30/ENG_IN_WI/ENG_WI_T3_21-26FEB1930.html

Anyway, Jason's turn now

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I am too tired to post a question now. So I will only be able to post my question tomorrow.

If anyone else wants to post a question they can do so now.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
membersstand said:
I'd say so..that is bizarre..
Bizzare is too mild !!

England sent out two teams at the same time. The stronger side to West Indies for their second series ever and a weak side to New Zealand for their inaugural test series. The side that went to NewZealand had tweo big stars, duleep and the ageing Woolley.

Remarkable indeed. Two series of four test at the same time !!

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

A unique record ! :D :D Unique for the circumstances that resulted in it being achieved !

Q1 Was the record to do with one player ? Yes. :)

Q2 Is it a record of a performance on the field ? Yes

Jamee999 said:
Can it be achiveved again? (As in is it possible or is it a 1st to do....)
Q3 Can it be achiveved again? Yes (by this I mean the record and not the circumstances !! in fact can't see why not !!) :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Q3 Can it be achiveved again? Yes (by this I mean the record and not the circumstances !! in fact can'y see why not !!) :laugh: :laugh:
It might have been a first to do X at Y kinda thing. :p

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Jamee999 said:
Is that a question ? Do you want me to answer it . (even though its not worded correctly, I will answer it if you want me to ! :) )

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
membersstand said:
Was it in Bangladesh's first (and only) test win ?
Q5 Was it in Bangladesh's first (and only) test win ? No.

Ferd said:
was it achieved in one match? eg. did it take only 1 test to achieve or was it built up over time
Q6 was it achieved in one match? (eg. did it take only 1 test to achieve or was it built up over time) Yes (it was achieved in one match)

Since I am worried that the questions are not going anywhere in heading to the answer, I am giving Hint 1 now. (for fear you guys are going to rin out of questions)

Last edited:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Is that a question ? Do you want me to answer it . (even though its not worded correctly, I will answer it if you want me to ! :) )
I was just wondering why you laughed at my question :@ :-O

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Jamee999 said:
I was just wondering why you laughed at my question :@ :-O
Because it was not worded correctly for this format, in which as you know the quiz master can only answer Yes or no to a question. :)

Hint 1 - It is not a record that the holder would be proud of .

Jamee999 said:
Q7 Is it a record that involves being the first to do X or Y ? No

Last edited: