• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Another recap. Put it all together & you must be close.

My original question was:

Two Englishmen have achieved this. Who are they & what feat is it?

Q1) Is it concerned with batting? Yes.
Q2) Is it a feat to be proud of? Yes, v much so.
Q3) Does it involve pre 1960 accomplishments? For one of the two, yes; for the other, no.
Q4) Is it a Test batting achievement? Yes.

1st clue: It's a topical achievement.

Q5) Where both achievements done on Ashes tours? Not exclusively Ashes tours, no
Q6) Have players from other countries achieved this? No, but one current non-Pom player is very close.
Q7) Is Ken Barrington one of the players? No.
Q8) Were both feats achieved playing against Australia? Yes.
Q9) Is the "topical" and "non-pom" aspect anything to do with the current form of Yousuf? No.
Q10) Does the feat concern scoring centuries at a significant time? No.
Q11) Does it involve scoring a certain number of runs against a particular country in Tests? Yes.
Q12) As captain? No.

2nd clue: Brian Charles Lara needs 144 runs to match this achievement.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Q5) Where both achievements done on Ashes tours?
Not exclusively Ashes tours, no
It was that question and answer that threw me off the scent. I forgot about the non Ashes matches that Gower played in against Australia.:mellow:

aussie tragic

International Captain
Lillian Thomson said:
It was that question and answer that threw me off the scent. I forgot about the non Ashes matches that Gower played in against Australia.:mellow:
Well technically that's correct as the first series post WSC was not given Ashes status as it was only a 3-test series :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lillian Thomson said:
Sorry, I did nearly qualify that when I answered. I actually took "Ashes tours" to mean tours of Australia as opposed to Ashes series, which would've taken in tests in England & Australia. I wasn't even thinking of the non-Ashes tests!

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
aussie tragic said:
Well technically that's correct as the first series post WSC was not given Ashes status as it was only a 3-test series :)
I know it's correct, I was just saying I'd forgotten about it and that's what threw me.

Anyway to the new question.

Do they both bat left-handed and bowl right-handed?

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Yep. Geez I suck at this! Should have said Gower and Michael Clarke...

Aussie Tragic is away...

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Colin Cowdrey
Javed Miandad
Gordon Greenidge
Alec Stewart

All scored centuries in their 100th Test

**EDIT**

Oops sorry.....forgot Ponting did it fairly recently. :oops:

**Double oops.......forgot Inzy as well.

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain

Only four players have ever achieved this. Who are they & what feat is it?

Q1) Is it a bowling feat? No.
Q2) Cowdrey, Miandad, Greenidge, Stewart all scored centuries in their 100th Test. No

aussie tragic

International Captain

Only four players have ever achieved this. Who are they & what feat is it?

Q1) Is it a bowling feat? No.
Q2) Cowdrey, Miandad, Greenidge, Stewart all scored centuries in their 100th Test. No
Q3) Is it a batting feat? Yes