• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

aussie tragic

International Captain
My original question was:

Only four players have ever achieved this. Who are they & what feat is it?

Q1) Is it a bowling feat? No.
Q2) Cowdrey, Miandad, Greenidge, Stewart all scored centuries in their 100th Test? No
Q3) Is it a batting feat? Yes
Q4) Is it a test batting feat? Yes
Q5) Is it Warne,Vaas, Chauhan and Kumble who are the only players to reach 2000 runs without making a century? No

aussie tragic

International Captain
Lillian Thomson said:
Trumper, Macartney, Bradman, Majid Khan.

The only batsman to make centuries before lunch on the first day.
I'll take your word for it but no. I thought the point was to ask questions, not just take multiple guesses :)

aussie tragic

International Captain

Q2) Cowdrey, Miandad, Greenidge, Stewart all scored centuries in their 100th Test? No
Q5) Warne,Vaas, Chauhan and Kumble who are the only players to reach 2000 runs without making a century? No
Q6) Trumper, Macartney, Bradman, Majid Khan who are the only batsman to make centuries before lunch on the first day? No
Q7) Do any of their names rhyme with Meryl Streep? No :)
Q8) Can the feat be realistically achieved in a single match? No (impossible actually)

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain

Q5) Warne,Vaas, Chauhan and Kumble who are the only players to reach 2000 runs without making a century? No
Q6) Trumper, Macartney, Bradman, Majid Khan who are the only batsman to make centuries before lunch on the first day? No
Q7) Do any of their names rhyme with Meryl Streep? No
Q8) Can the feat be realistically achieved in a single match? No (impossible actually)
Q9) Batted on all 5 days of a test? No (not sure if any of them have, but it's not related)
Q10) Did any of the 4 debut before WW2? Yes

As that's 10 questions, time for a new clue.

The 4 players are from only 2 countries.

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain

Q7) Do any of their names rhyme with Meryl Streep? No
Q9) Batted on all 5 days of a test? No (not sure if any of them have, but it's not related)
Q10) Did any of the 4 debut before WW2? Yes (2 before; 2 after)

As that's 10 questions, time for a new clue.

The 4 players are from only 2 countries.

Q11) Are the two countries England & Australia? No (one of the countries is England or Australia )
Q12) Are all the players still alive? No (two are)

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain
Lillian Thomson said:
Did any of them achieve this in the last 30 years?
Yes (one achieved this feat within the last 30-years, while another partially completed this feat within the last 30-years)

Last edited: