• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Are both distinctions connected with bowling?
Indeed they are. Whether distinction is the correct word, I dont know but I could not think of a better description.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Griffen? Called for chucking v us &.....dunno, I'll guess he took a hat-trick too.
Correct :)

Only man to take a hattrick and be called for throwing. Also happened to take plave in the same game.

Also died this month which I didnt know until Id already asked the question and I thought this may have been included in his obituaries

Over to you

BoyBrumby

Englishman
As no-ones asked a Q for a while I thought I'd offer a quick recap & a clue. My original question was:

Two Englishmen have achieved this. Who are they & what feat is it?

Q1) Is it concerned with batting? Yes.
Q2) Is it a feat to be proud of? Yes, v much so.
Q3) Does it involve pre 1960 accomplishments? For one of the two, yes; for the other, no.
Q4) Is it a Test batting achievement? Yes.

1st clue: It's a topical achievement.