• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
What unique thing in Ashes cricketdo 'Tup' Scott, Billy Murdoch and the GOM share between them?
I cant remeber the yrs, and I know little about Scott, but has Murdoch scoring both his 2 Ashes 100s at the Oval got anything to do with it.

archie mac

International Coach
Goughy said:
I cant remeber the yrs, and I know little about Scott, but has Murdoch scoring both his 2 Ashes 100s at the Oval got anything to do with it.
Q3 no

I may have made this too hard, so here is an early clue; Scott is the batsman

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I must admit Ive done a little digging and I have a fair idea what it might be but I will not post as its cheating

archie mac

International Coach
Goughy said:
I must admit Ive done a little digging and I have a fair idea what it might be but I will not post as its cheating
Research is okay mate, that is why the questions have to be quite tough. Bloody internet
:laugh:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
Research is okay mate, that is why the questions have to be quite tough. Bloody internet
:laugh:
In all honesty, Im not sure what GOM means. Grand Old Man?

Is it the incident where Murdoch became the first substitute to take a catch in Test cricket and he was on the field for the opposition and Scott was the batsman.

Is Grace GOM, and Murdoch substituted for him and caught Scott?

archie mac

International Coach
Goughy said:
In all honesty, Im not sure what GOM means. Grand Old Man?

Is it the incident where Murdoch became the first substitute to take a catch in Test cricket and he was on the field for the opposition and Scott was the batsman.

Is Grace GOM, and Murdoch substituted for him and caught Scott?
That is 100% correct, well done, your turn :)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
This player is the only man in history to achieve both of 2 very rare distinctions in Tests. One very good and one very bad.

Name him and the distinctions?

archie mac

International Coach
Goughy said:
This player is the only man in history to achieve both of 2 very rare distinctions in Tests. One very good and one very bad.

Name him and the distinctions?
Q1 Did he play Test cricket for England?