• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Congrats on 2000 Archie. Top notch posting from you always. :cool:

Is it a distinction only Englishmen achieved?

Is it a distinction only Englishmen could achieve?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The Baconator said:
Are any of them current players?
Q1) (Almost) No! As of now it's a definite "no", but one is a slight grey area. If I say more I'll give him away. :)

archie mac said:
Is the distiction a cricketing thing?

And if yes, is it a batting thing?
Q2)Yes; therfore

Q3) No

Pratyush said:
Is it a distinction only Englishmen achieved?

Is it a distinction only Englishmen could achieve?
Q4) Yes

Q5) Yes

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
archie mac said:
ThanksPratyush :)

I am chasing Marc, do you think I can catch him :D
8 months 2000 posts..

so 250 posts a month.

Marc - 40,000 posts in 4 years. 750 posts a month.

If Marc dies today, you have a deficit of 38,000 posts to over come. So then it would take you 6 years and 4 months.

The more period Marc stays alive, the lesser your chance of catching him - if you go on at the same rate.

With each year Marc lives, it will take you on an average 6000 posts extra to catch him. That would mean 4 years extra to that 5 year 4 months figure of yours.

Marc is 26/27.

The chances are, you will break Marc's post count and the also the Guinness record of oldest man ever in the process.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Is it a feat to be proud of ?

Is it achieved while actually playing (batting, bowling, fielding/keeping) ?

Is it related to debut ?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
SJS said:
Is it a feat to be proud of ?
Sorry, can't really answer yes or no to that one because it's a bit of both.

SJS said:
Is it achieved while actually playing (batting, bowling, fielding/keeping) ?
Q6) No, not as such. More something that's bestowed on a player. Although they have to be playing to have it bestowed on them

SJS said:
Is it related to debut ?
Q7) No.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Q1) (Almost) No! As of now it's a definite "no", but one is a slight grey area. If I say more I'll give him away. :)
Is he still playing cricket but not for England?