• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
The Baconator said:
Most runs without a 30 for Willis?
Willis is already covered in Q3. There is only one reason for each player's inclusion.. I am not counting this question of yours.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Just recapping for my own benefit :)

Chauan - worse conversion rate in the history of the game with 16 fifties in tests and not a single hundred
Shane Warne - most runs without a hundred
Waqar - most runs without a 50
Bob Willis - most wickets without a 10 wicket match haul
Maninder - most tests for a career aggregate
Martin - most tests for 50 runs
McMillan - most wickets without a 5 WI

That leaves Ratnayeke, Botham, Hopwood, and Giffen

Last edited:

archie mac

International Coach
SJS said:
Let me clarify. It is something different for each individual. To give an example (this is part of the answer)
No 1 on that list, Chetan Chauhan, has the worse conversion rate in the history of the game with 16 fifties in tests and not a single hundred.
Has SJS already answered that one Burkey?

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
Hi SJS
Is Botham the only english captain to not win a test at home?
Sorry more to the point is botham the most tests as captain without a win?

Is Ratnayeke, Joseph R the slowest bowler to get 50 wickets. ie most tests to take 50 wickets?23 tests ?

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Here is what has been guessed with the answers.

1. Chauhan, Chetandra P S : Worse conversion Rate : 16 50's but mo 100's,
  2. Ratnayeke, Joseph R : Still Open
  3. Botham, Ian T : Worst WIN-Record as captain (in matches where he was the official captain to start with) 12 mattches and no wins.)
  4. McMillan, Brian M : Sorry it was not wickets but maximum balls (6054) without a 5 for in a test innings. I said yes without checking my original papers. :)
  5. Giffen, George : Still Open
  6. Warne, Shane K : Most test runs without a hundred (2767)
  7. Hopwood, John L : Most test overs (77) without a wicket
  8. Martin, Christopher S : Most tests (25) for less than 50 runs (46) He also failed to score a single double digit knock in 25 tests.
  9. Willis, Robert G D : 325 wickets and 16 5 fors without a 10 in a match haul
  10. Waqar Younis : Only player to have scored a 1000 test runs (1010) without a test fifty.
  11. Maninder Singh : Most tests/innings 35 tests (38 innings) without scoring a century (aggregate) :D

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:
SJS never answers my queries :(

Brian McMillan took 75 wkts with a BB of 4/65
Mike Hendrick took 87 with a BB of 4/28

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/southafrica/content/player/46214.html
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/england/content/player/14159.html

Then, shouldn't Hendrick be the holder of that record ?
Sorry my dear. But no I would never do that. I am shifting residence and it is major (and back breaking) job so have been away.

I was wrong to say yes to MacMillan. Since it seemed okay but the qnswer was off. It was not number of wickets but number of balls bowled without a five for. I have atoned for it by providing the answer myself in the previous post.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
jlo33692 said:
Hi SJS
Is Botham the only english captain to not win a test at home?
Sorry more to the point is botham the most tests as captain without a win?
I have provided the answer on Botham because from a previous question, I know there is a difference of opinion on this.

jlo33692 said:
Hi SJS
Is Ratnayeke, Joseph R the slowest bowler to get 50 wickets. ie most tests to take 50 wickets?23 tests ?
No