• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

archie mac

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
Was the brother of his most famous creation reputedly named after a Derbyshire player of yore?
I am not sure? If you are thinking of Woodhouse the answer is no. If you are thinking of Who I think you are thinking, then the answer is NO COMMENT :D

archie mac

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
I gonna say Sir Arthur Conan Doyle then. I hadn't heard the comment about lefties tho. Did he give a reason? :)
Yes you are right, your turn

He said there was to much time wasted in changing over the field, especially if there was a right and left hander at the wicket. I wonder how a right handed Brian Lara would go.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ok, I suspect! I think he plays golf off a low handicap right-handed (so as to not affect his batting). Wonder what Sir Arthur would've made of the reverse-sweep tho?!

Ok, my question:

Two players jointly share this cricketing first, starting a tradition that continues to this day. Who are they & what was the first?

One of them also holds another first, extra bonus point if you can name this too.
:)