• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Joseph of Exeter in 1183 ?

or John Derrick of Royal Grammar School Guildford in 1597 , whose description was considered the first definitive game of Cricket !!

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Q2. Is it before 1700?......YES
Q3. Prince Edward?.........NO
Q4. John Derrick of Royal Grammar School Guildford in 1597 , whose description was considered the first definitive game of Cricket !!.......YES

Well Done as usual Jason. :D

Your turn mate.

archie mac

International Coach
Who am I?

I share a name with a famous left handed opening batsman, and I think I am right in saying I was the first blackman to play Test Cricket?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I was a great Zimbabwean cricketer. I hold a batting record for my country. Who am I and what is my record ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
I was a great Zimbabwean cricketer. I hold a batting record for my country. Who am I and what is my record ?
Dave Houghton - highest score for Zimbabwe in Test cricket ?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year

Q1 Dave Houghton ? Yes
Q2 Highest score for Zimbabwe in Test cricket ? Not what I am looking for

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year

Q1 Dave Houghton ? Yes
Q2 Highest score for Zimbabwe in Test cricket ? Not what I am looking for
Q3 Anything to do with his debut ? No

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
First Zimbabwean test centurion
First Zimbabwean to get a golden duck in an ODI
First catch by a Zimbabwean in an ODI
First Zimbabwean test centurion to coach Derbyshire (they were made for each other)

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year

Q1 - Dave Houghton ? Yes
Q2 - Highest score for Zimbabwe in Test cricket ? Not what I am looking for
Q3 - Anything to do with his debut ? No
Q4 - First Zimbabwean test centurion ? No
Q5 - First Zimbabwean to get a golden duck in an ODI ? No
Q6 - First catch by a Zimbabwean in an ODI ? No
Q7 - First Zimbabwean test centurion to coach Derbyshire ? No

Clue - it's a Test record and it's not a 'first to'