• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Bumrah the best cricketer India has ever produced?

Is jasprit bumrah the best cricketer india has ever produced?

• Total voters

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
fraser mcguirk most likely to hurt indian bowling attack

more talented clearly than any of the bats coming through the system like sangha or whoever

he will suck for sure in eng/sa/nz but he is worth a go at home
Lmao would love it if they played JFM in the tests. What an atrocious decision that would be. Classic Shri.

TheJediBrah

Why are talking about Sangha too lol

Barely keeps a spot for NSW when they were the weakest team in the comp

edit: wasn't he actually dropped?

Last edited:

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Bumrah has actually performed in Test matches against opposition of reasonable strength, unlike Bond

more like India's Ryan Harris
Unironically though, Bumrah has more overseas wickets than Harris' home and away put together.

Another interesting stat is that Bumrah already has more overseas matches and wickets than Lillee. Also closing in on Roberts and Garner in that aspect.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I know he's had a lot of injuries, but I'm actually surprised Bumrah has played as much cricket as he has with that abbreviated run up and his action. Glad he has though, he's one of my favourites.
Yes he has definitely been on the ground more than I thought he would be. There was a stat that he has bowled more deliveries in test cricket after Ashwin in last few years for India.

GirthQuake

School Boy/Girl Captain
I like the diversion of this thread to AUSIND tests later this year.

What even is going to be the likely Indian XI?

Jaiswal
Rohit
Gill
Kohli
KL
Pant
Jadeja
Kuldeep
Shami
Bumrah
Siraj

Rohit has no patience to last beyond 50 balls at the crease. Kohli is beyond done and I predict a horror tour for him.

TheJediBrah

Jaiswal
Rohit
Gill
Kohli
KL
Pant
Jadeja
Kuldeep
Shami
Bumrah
Siraj

Rohit has no patience to last beyond 50 balls at the crease. Kohli is beyond done and I predict a horror tour for him.
ATG username

Socerer 01

International Captain
I know he's had a lot of injuries, but I'm actually surprised Bumrah has played as much cricket as he has with that abbreviated run up and his action. Glad he has though, he's one of my favourites.
he hasnt had a lot of injuries tbh that arent niggles or the minor ones most pick up

he had one long injury layoff and was rushed back from it that forced him into an extended layoff again, on either side of that he has been remarkably fit and consistent despite his action looking so ungainly on the eyes

Socerer 01

International Captain

Jaiswal
Rohit
Gill
Kohli
KL
Pant
Jadeja
Kuldeep
Shami
Bumrah
Siraj

Rohit in his last test innings faced 162 balls

ma1978

International Debutant
Nah, am not the Gambhiring type, despite coining the phrase. Usman struggles against genuine pace; Smith can handle most anything but opening with him, while courageous, has weakened a strength to try to strengthen a weakness and exposes your best player to the new rock. Marnus has been junk for 18 months now, Green is still a lot more miss than hit and I just mentioned my worries re Marsh. Head's gonna Head which means he will be rocks and diamonds too. Carey hs shown he can bat a bit but he's not at the level Pant is.

Would much prefer someone at Shield level to lift their game enough to warrant selection, though I genuinely can't see anyone doing it unless they go completely left field with a McJerk/ Caleb Jewell moment and give them a licence. I suppose they could open with Head but that's essentially the Smith move being repeated.
Sorry mate, no touring side is a favourite in Aus. I agree they have a decent shot but if they win, it’s against the odds. Aus is that good at home

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Nah, am not the Gambhiring type, despite coining the phrase. Usman struggles against genuine pace; Smith can handle most anything but opening with him, while courageous, has weakened a strength to try to strengthen a weakness and exposes your best player to the new rock. Marnus has been junk for 18 months now, Green is still a lot more miss than hit and I just mentioned my worries re Marsh. Head's gonna Head which means he will be rocks and diamonds too. Carey hs shown he can bat a bit but he's not at the level Pant is.

Would much prefer someone at Shield level to lift their game enough to warrant selection, though I genuinely can't see anyone doing it unless they go completely left field with a McJerk/ Caleb Jewell moment and give them a licence. I suppose they could open with Head but that's essentially the Smith move being repeated.
Gambhir might actually be on that tour, if the rumors are to be believed.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever

Jaiswal
Rohit
Gill
Kohli
KL
Pant
Jadeja
Kuldeep
Shami
Bumrah
Siraj

Surely you have to play Ashwin if you play two spinners.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Obviously joke threads resulting in people getting really bent out of shape, especially over issues that everyone participating is more or less in agreement on (i.e., Bumrah being quite good), are one of my favourite things.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Bumrah's action makes its own twisted logic. It's incredibly fine-tuned and shows no discernible variation in form even over the fifteen odd overs he's called on to bowl in a day in Tests. Maybe it's one of those things that just works * for him * from a biomechanical pov because of its repeatability, the amount of time he's put into honing it, and the dislocated-ness of his own body. Seen that right shoulder shrug he does walking back after each delivery? Get the feeling he could pack himself into a can of tuna if he wanted to.

reyrey

U19 Vice-Captain
Yes he has definitely been on the ground more than I thought he would be. There was a stat that he has bowled more deliveries in test cricket after Ashwin in last few years for India.
Not really. India have played 61 Tests since Bumrahs debut. He has only played in 59% of them. Only a tard would try argue that playing 59% of games was a good sign of longevity.

The stats of the 5 other guys at the top include one guy who basically retired (hasn't been selected) 3 years ago, one that made his debut 3 years after Bumrah and 2 spinners where only one will play in most away Tests.

Last edited: