• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Bumrah the best cricketer India has ever produced?

Is jasprit bumrah the best cricketer india has ever produced?

• Total voters

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I mean, thats also because Bumrah is further ahead of other Indian pacers than Tendulkar is ahead of other Indian batsmen, which again, is not Tendulkar’s fault.
It is not. But that’s one of the reasons it makes Bumrah Indias best ever cricketer.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Bumrah will have played 42-45 tests by the end of January 2025

2 vs bdesh
3 vs NZ
5 vs aus

Coming up over the next 6 months

Assuming he misses a test or two for workload management

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Bumrah will have played 42-45 tests by the end of January 2025

2 vs bdesh
3 vs NZ
5 vs aus

Coming up over the next 6 months

Assuming he misses a test or two for workload management
Most likely won't play last couple of tests against NZ And first test against BD

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon India start pretty heavy favourites for that tour tbh. The bowling arguably cancels itself out but the Aus batting is fragile AF right now, more so than India's imho. If Pant comes back the disparity is even greater. We really need an opener or two to knock the door down so Smith can go back to four.

Also reckon the Marsh at six bubble will burst against the Indian bowling line up which is a ton better than the dross England, WI and Pakistan dished up. I like MMarsh, he seem a terrific bloke, but he still lacks a functioning forward defense. I mean, its so bad he could open for England.

Burgey

Early Gambhiring attempt, it's a bold strategy cotton
Nah, am not the Gambhiring type, despite coining the phrase. Usman struggles against genuine pace; Smith can handle most anything but opening with him, while courageous, has weakened a strength to try to strengthen a weakness and exposes your best player to the new rock. Marnus has been junk for 18 months now, Green is still a lot more miss than hit and I just mentioned my worries re Marsh. Head's gonna Head which means he will be rocks and diamonds too. Carey hs shown he can bat a bit but he's not at the level Pant is.

Would much prefer someone at Shield level to lift their game enough to warrant selection, though I genuinely can't see anyone doing it unless they go completely left field with a McJerk/ Caleb Jewell moment and give them a licence. I suppose they could open with Head but that's essentially the Smith move being repeated.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I reckon India start pretty heavy favourites for that tour tbh. The bowling arguably cancels itself out but the Aus batting is fragile AF right now, more so than India's imho. If Pant comes back the disparity is even greater. We really need an opener or two to knock the door down so Smith can go back to four.

Also reckon the Marsh at six bubble will burst against the Indian bowling line up which is a ton better than the dross England, WI and Pakistan dished up. I like MMarsh, he seem a terrific bloke, but he still lacks a functioning forward defense. I mean, its so bad he could open for England.
fraser mcguirk most likely to hurt indian bowling attack

more talented clearly than any of the bats coming through the system like sangha or whoever

he will suck for sure in eng/sa/nz but he is worth a go at home

Burgey

Sangha isn't going to solve the opening issue anyway. He might eventually make it in the middle order but that's no sure thing yet either imo.

It's the struggle to fill the opener hole which has caused a lot of the uncertainty in the order.

TheJediBrah

Fraser McGurk shouldn't even have a Shield spot. Garbage red ball cricketer.

This is what happens when people think IPL is real cricket