• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Bumrah the best cricketer India has ever produced?

Is jasprit bumrah the best cricketer india has ever produced?

• Total voters

ma1978

International Debutant
the gap between Tendulkar and the next best domestic Indian batsman that would have played is smaller than the gap between Bumrah and ****ing Venkatesh Prasad or the 3rd pacer that played
Batsmen are more important than bowlers, and no

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Bowling > Batting in terms of winning matches. Particularly fast bowling, if you want to win matches away from home.
Are you seriously saying Tendulkar hasn’t won matches for India? Bumrah is a wonderful bowler but he isn’t even close to Tendulkar yet in terms of being the greatest cricketer India has ever produced.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Are you seriously saying Tendulkar hasn’t won matches for India? Bumrah is a wonderful bowler but he isn’t even close to Tendulkar yet in terms of being the greatest cricketer India has ever produced.
1 win out of 43 away matches won during Tendulkar’s prime. That’s the results.

That’s not his fault. But batting simply does not win matches like fast bowling does. An elite fast bowler is simply much more important in wins than an elite batsman.

Your “VAR” (value over replacement) would be much higher if you replaced an Indian seamer with Bumrah compared to if Tendulkar was replaced with the next best domestic batsman in the 1990s.

Socerer 01

International Captain
rabada is a fraud away from home

cummins is shami level away from home

anderson the less said the better
hey im not the one claiming that those poll rankings are the definitive rankings or the most objective ones out there

Coronis

International Coach
1 win out of 43 away matches won during Tendulkar’s prime. That’s the results.

That’s not his fault. But batting simply does not win matches like fast bowling does. An elite fast bowler is simply much more important in wins than an elite batsman.

Your “VAR” (value over replacement) would be much higher if you replaced an Indian seamer with Bumrah compared to if Tendulkar was replaced with the next best domestic batsman in the 1990s.
I mean, thats also because Bumrah is further ahead of other Indian pacers than Tendulkar is ahead of other Indian batsmen, which again, is not Tendulkar’s fault.

Coronis

International Coach
in any case if this thread is meant to be a pure test only discussion then its pointless since he hasnt played any test in 3 months to change opinions significantly
Every time Bumrah farts near a ball everyone drools.

But seriously you’ll see opinions around here even based on one format be heavily and inordinately affected by the most recent matches, even if they are in a different format. Another good reason to wait until the end of a career before rating them, or at least until they’re far enough in so a single series doesn’t sway it so massively.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Every time Bumrah farts near a ball everyone drools.

But seriously you’ll see opinions around here even based on one format be heavily and inordinately affected by the most recent matches, even if they are in a different format. Another good reason to wait until the end of a career before rating them, or at least until they’re far enough in so a single series doesn’t sway it so massively.
and everytime someone mentions a player that played in the 80s y’all drool either 8-) not even sure why you’re grumpy about people liking a player

Socerer 01

International Captain
I’m not really. Just the amount of Bumrah loving coming after his performance in a T20 WC in Test threads is a bit wearing for me.
i assumed this wasnt limited to just tests since the thread came about after that final but as i said if its just limited to tests like 90% of discussions here then there is no point to the thread atm

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kohli is tremendous across all formats, so also belongs in the argument. My own view leans very heavily towards tests though, and if I look at his record there it’s outstanding, but arguably no more than a Dravid, Sehwag or Laxman.

I have, however, said in the past I think history will eventually view him as the most important Indian cricketer ever as he kept tests front and centre while captain during the rise of T20s and the IPL, but that too is very much a subjective judgment.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have, however, said in the past I think history will eventually view him as the most important Indian cricketer ever as he kept tests front and centre while captain during the rise of T20s and the IPL, but that too is very much a subjective judgment.
Under him our pace attack came on leaps and bounds too. For all Kohli's shortcomings as captain he was great at leading and managing the quicks.