• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How many forum members actually don't play cricket?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
social said:
12th man for my state was the closest I got here.

When contracted to a county, played quite a few "quasi-fc" matches (Universities, etc). Counted as fc but dont really count from a player's perspective, if you get my drift.

Also played a fc game in Pakistan of all places.

Knee, back, wife and business condemned me to the key-board.
Do you or does SJS then have a player page on cricinfo? :)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pratyush said:
Doesnt Richard already have to eat a computer for some claim which turned out wrong? :D
He disputes the 'fact' that he was 'proved' wrong (quotes used advisedly on the grounds that I might get 'sued' - metaphorically, at least)

Craig

World Traveller
Adamc said:
Last time I checked. Former Zimbabwe Test and ODI cricketer (pace bowler).
I was wondering where a lot of international cricketers from Zimbabwe have ended up, Paul Strang, Gavin Rennie etc.

What is Grant Flower up to these days?

Craig

World Traveller
Ok maybe he got to 2nd XI level or was 12th man. Only he can answer which it looks like won't be happening for some time (if ever).

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
I think I remember SJS mentioning once that he could have had the opportunity to play FC cricket, but decided to go the way of his business and such.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Dasa said:
I think I remember SJS mentioning once that he could have had the opportunity to play FC cricket, but decided to go the way of his business and such.
Yeah, I think maybe he just played senior grade cricket?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
But I remember him saying that he had played with guys like Mohinder Jimmy Amarnath and Bishen Singh Bedi. So, I think him and social are the best of the CW lot. We should all salute them. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
Doesnt Richard already have to eat a computer for some claim which turned out wrong? :D
Yes, and we did in fact think that on one of his disappearances (conveniently started the day Harmison took 7-12) he had indeed backed up his comments by eating it.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
Yes, and we did in fact think that on one of his disappearances (conveniently started the day Harmison took 7-12) he had indeed backed up his comments by eating it.
hahahahahhahaah

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Craig said:
I was wondering where a lot of international cricketers from Zimbabwe have ended up, Paul Strang, Gavin Rennie etc.

What is Grant Flower up to these days?
Plays cricket for Essex along with brother Andy.

Shoaib

Banned
I played at School.I led my school to many triumphs but since then I haven't lifted a bat except for some street games.I became a high school graduate in march last year.

Slow Love™

International Captain
I haven't played comp (as opposed to the odd social game) for quite some time. I was a frustrated fast bowler (who bowled at a leisurely medium pace) who kept finding himelf getting no overs and batting at number 4... I always wanted to bowl fast though. :(

Craig

World Traveller
honestbharani said:
But I remember him saying that he had played with guys like Mohinder Jimmy Amarnath and Bishen Singh Bedi. So, I think him and social are the best of the CW lot. We should all salute them. :)
Corey (Top Cat) represented South Australia at age level as a deamon fast bowler.