• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How many forum members actually don't play cricket?

nts

Cricket Spectator
tried playing a few times at school. played once - casually! - without a box: never played again.

bradman2005

Cricket Spectator
Im suprised at how many members dont play cricket.
Im the captain of my team,i bat at 4 and bowl spin and medium pace

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
But I remember him saying that he had played with guys like Mohinder Jimmy Amarnath and Bishen Singh Bedi. So, I think him and social are the best of the CW lot. We should all salute them. :)
I've played in the same team as Brendon McCullum and Mark Richardson. Doesn't mean I'm much good though... :p

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
I was wondering where a lot of international cricketers from Zimbabwe have ended up, Paul Strang, Gavin Rennie etc.

What is Grant Flower up to these days?
Paul Strang is playing club cricket in Auckland. Might be bowling medium-pacers now I think.

Blaze

Banned
I have played cricket all my life with my greatest achievement thus far playing for Wellington at Under 17 level

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
I've been playing cricket all my life, most recently with my mates in the HeadHunters during the off season where we had some memorable duels with several other teams.
Now that it's cricket season again, I'm back to playing Vermont 16As, Vermont Seniors and opening the bowling for my school, but unfortunentally I've come down with grandular fever and can't play for a few weeks.
Damn diseases :(

Slifer

International Captain
I played in primary school, a little in highschool, and now that im in a university here in the States i play with many of my Indian, West Indian, and African colleagues at school. We play hard ball of course on concrete wickets. We always use protective gear. I am a right arm fast medium bowler, an ok bat, my fielding (ground fielding) is a bit indifferent but my catching is excellent.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Where are you from Slifer?

And I guess I may as well say something.

I sarted playing at about 6 or 7 and have been playing since. I played just little club cricket until I started going to Aloysius, where I played for the school team. Then, when I moved to Shanghai, I didn't play at all for about a year, then we discovered we could play indoor cricket every week, and that expanded to outdoor cricket which I played for the rest of my 4 years in Shanghai, which I loved. Now that I'm back, I'm in the school 2nds with my first game coming up this Sunday.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
andyc said:
Thread digging--- reviving old, apparently dead threads.
Oh geez... second of September? My bad everyone, I didn't realise how old this thread was on account of that I expected it to still have been in use.
I went to the Cricket Chat forum, found a topic called 'how many people on here play cricket?' and went in, where Natman20 said that there was already one of these threads, aka this one.
Lol, sorry I didn't check. :wacko:

Slifer

International Captain
Im from the West Indies from the teeny tiny twin island federation of St.Kitts-Nevis. It is relatively close to Puerto Rico in the Eastern Caribbean.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Slifer said:
Im from the West Indies from the teeny tiny twin island federation of St.Kitts-Nevis. It is relatively close to Puerto Rico in the Eastern Caribbean.
Sweet. TBH I dream of touring the Windies, I recon it would be a great place to play and watch cricket!

Slifer

International Captain
Yes it would be granted u can get used to the sun, and the sometimes below standard facilities. With an open mind you'll have a good time.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
chooka_nick said:
Oh geez... second of September? My bad everyone, I didn't realise how old this thread was on account of that I expected it to still have been in use.
I went to the Cricket Chat forum, found a topic called 'how many people on here play cricket?' and went in, where Natman20 said that there was already one of these threads, aka this one.
Lol, sorry I didn't check. :wacko:
Lol there's nothing wrong with it, I just like saying something about it when someone digs up a thread.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
andyc said:
Lol there's nothing wrong with it, I just like saying something about it when someone digs up a thread.
Lol that's cool mate, it's just I run a couple of forums myself and my co-admins get very, very angry about forum digging.
Slifer, we need more people like you in the World, lol.