• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Harry Brook

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
**** me the logic is truly inscrutable

'He hasn't had even one match'
'well here are three'
'no outside of those'

I can just imagine the quality these guys must have for 10 solid pages of kallis vs guacamole or whatever they're doing now. Truly the finest levels
Standard CW logic when it comes to "analysis" of any player that people have decided is no good/they don't like imo. See it all the time.

"But but but if we arbitrarily subtract/ignore/exclude all of the times this player was good, they were actually never good at all!"

Molehill

International Captain
**** me the logic is truly inscrutable

'He hasn't had even one match'
'well here are three'
'no outside of those'

I can just imagine the quality these guys must have for 10 solid pages of kallis vs guacamole or whatever they're doing now. Truly the finest levels
Kallis v Guacamole has probably been done 3 times and no doubt the squashy avocado is currently 2-1 up!!

Coronis

International Coach
Standard CW logic when it comes to "analysis" of any player that people have decided is no good/they don't like imo. See it all the time.

"But but but if we arbitrarily subtract/ignore/exclude all of the times this player was good, they were actually never good at all!"
Honestly I’m just pushing the Anderson button for fun. And there’ll always be a bite.

Lets not exclude anything though.

39 tests 117 @ 35.97 SR 73.4

Anderson sucks in the Ashes.

Ranks 25th out of 33 amongst 21st century pacers, 11th out of 17 English pacers in ters of average. (min 10 Ashes wickets) Also ranks 31st in SR.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Honestly I’m just pushing the Anderson button for fun. And there’ll always be a bite.
Oh I know, I wasn't really referring to your post(s) in particular. Like I say, you see it all the time on here. What passes for "analysis" is often people deciding what they want their conclusion to be and then reverse engineering some completely cooked and arbitrary methodology to support it.

Coronis

International Coach
I have an online life outside of CW sledger. I also post on reddit.
Just stay off Twitter and you’ll still be a respectable online citizen.

But the best thing is listening to other people read other people’s reddit stories.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Lets not exclude anything though.

39 tests 117 @ 35.97 SR 73.4

Anderson sucks in the Ashes.

Ranks 25th out of 33 amongst 21st century pacers, 11th out of 17 English pacers in ters of average. (min 10 Ashes wickets) Also ranks 31st in SR.
Ranks 1 in 'Wickets in away Ashes series wins' in the last two decades

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Lets be real, only because no other English pacer played more than 3 games.
what a stunning point against Anderson, that he was the only one to play 5

& he did it with a trip around the world to see his kid being born in the middle of the series

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Anderson being bad in the Ashes for a "great" bowler is just a fact though. A few good performances here and there doesn't change that.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It’s not a fact.

He was obviously awful in his first Ashes, which he had no business being at. And last year couldn’t buy a wicket. He’s somewhere around the 30 mark for the rest of the time in the Ashes which certainly doesn’t support the idiotic narrative you chip on shoulder merchants try and sustain about him being crap in the Ashes.

He would say himself that Broad was the better Ashes bowler. But that’s neither here nor there.