• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Harry Brook

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Itā€™s not a fact.

He was obviously awful in his first Ashes, which he had no business being at. And last year couldnā€™t buy a wicket. Heā€™s somewhere around the 30 mark for the rest of the time in the Ashes which certainly doesnā€™t support the idiotic narrative you chip on shoulder merchants try and sustain about him being crap in the Ashes.

He would say himself that Broad was the better Ashes bowler. But thatā€™s neither here nor there.
Averaging 30 over a career (which you only reach by conveniently ignoring the worst series') is still bad for a supposed "great" bowler. Over a massive sample too so not like you can blame that. Just accept it brother

Daemon

Itā€™s not a fact.

He was obviously awful in his first Ashes, which he had no business being at. And last year couldnā€™t buy a wicket. Heā€™s somewhere around the 30 mark for the rest of the time in the Ashes which certainly doesnā€™t support the idiotic narrative you chip on shoulder merchants try and sustain about him being crap in the Ashes.

He would say himself that Broad was the better Ashes bowler. But thatā€™s neither here nor there.
We literally just made fun of coronis for doing the whole ā€œif you ignore his good games heā€™s badā€ and now youā€™re going to turn around and say ā€œif we ignore his bad games heā€™s okā€ lmao

Burgey

Itā€™s not a fact.

He was terrible. The test for this whether you'd want him to bowl at both ends if he was playing against your team. The answer for Aus supporters is "yes" because he sucked against Australia.

Pommy bowlers better than Anderson vs Aus in his time playing:

Broad
Tremlett
Swann
Flintoff
Bresnan
Woakes
Harmison
Jones
Hoggard
Archer
Wood
Rankin
Overton
Ball
Curran
Mahmood x 2

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
He was terrible. The test for this whether you'd want him to bowl at both ends if he was playing against your team. The answer for Aus supporters is "yes" because he sucked against Australia.

Broad
Tremlett
Swann
Flintoff
Bresnan
Woakes
Harmison
Jones
Hoggard
Archer
Wood
Rankin
Overton
Ball
Curran
Mahmood x 2
You forgot unfit Robinson and Onions

TheJediBrah

Broad
Tremlett
Swann
Flintoff
Bresnan
Woakes
Harmison
Jones
Hoggard
Archer
Wood
Rankin
Overton
Ball
Curran
Mahmood x 2
Very accurate post but I have to disagree if Sajid Mahmood is one of the 2 Mahmoods

That guy was ****ing awful, worse than Anderson IMO. Horrible lid too
We literally just made fun of coronis for doing the whole ā€œif you ignore his good games heā€™s badā€
Why Coronis do this. He's bad even if you don't ignore his good games lol

Coronis

International Coach
Very accurate post but I have to disagree if Sajid Mahmood is one of the 2 Mahmoods

That guy was ****ing awful, worse than Anderson IMO. Horrible lid too

Why Coronis do this. He's bad even if you don't ignore his good games lol
for funsies. Anderson posts are mostly for funsies

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Can somebody please call me an ambulance? I've bust my ribs laughing so hard at Coronis's funsies.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We literally just made fun of coronis for doing the whole ā€œif you ignore his good games heā€™s badā€ and now youā€™re going to turn around and say ā€œif we ignore his bad games heā€™s okā€ lmao
Nah, the dummies are pointing to Andersonā€™s average and saying itā€™s proof he was bad in the Ashes. My point is that he was V bad in his first Ashes and last year but an overall average tells us little. Itā€™s more that I reject this idea he was never good in the Ashes. But itā€™s the same gang of buffoons desperately clinging to what they can because they have deep rooted insecurity about England producing a legend.