• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Harry Brook

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, the dummies are pointing to Anderson’s average and saying it’s proof he was bad in the Ashes. My point is that he was V bad in his first Ashes and last year but an overall average tells us little. It’s more that I reject this idea he was never good in the Ashes. But it’s the same gang of buffoons desperately clinging to what they can because they have deep rooted insecurity about England producing a legend.
It seems like you think the other side of the argument are saying he was never good in the ashes and that irritates you?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It seems like you think the other side of the argument are saying he was never good in the ashes and that irritates you?
Heh.

Well it’s flagrantly incorrect.

Broad was the better Ashes bowler, that is true. Anderson even said so himself.

Coronis

International Coach
Nah, the dummies are pointing to Anderson’s average and saying it’s proof he was bad in the Ashes. My point is that he was V bad in his first Ashes and last year but an overall average tells us little. It’s more that I reject this idea he was never good in the Ashes. But it’s the same gang of buffoons desperately clinging to what they can because they have deep rooted insecurity about England producing a legend.
He might be an English legend, but with the exception of Root I don’t think England have produced a true legend since the 70’s/80’s

Heh.

Well it’s flagrantly incorrect.

Broad was the better Ashes bowler, that is true. Anderson even said so himself.
How magnanimous of him.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
He might be an English legend, but with the exception of Root I don’t think England have produced a true legend since the 70’s/80’s

How magnanimous of him.
Anderson is a weird case where there's a large chunk in the middle of his career that's as good as most bowlers people classify as bonafied ATG's with a similiar wicket tally (~400 from memory) and home/away split. I think Anderson has a right to be considered an outright legend and not just an England one given that, but can understand if some people disagree.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anderson is a weird case where there's a large chunk in the middle of his career that's as good as most bowlers people classify as bonafied ATG's with a similiar wicket tally (~400 from memory) and home/away split. I think Anderson has a right to be considered an outright legend and not just an England one given that, but can understand if some people disagree.
You could slice his numbers to match Pollock's overall career. Pollock still has more achievements away though and a better peak.

Coronis

International Coach
You could slice his numbers to match Pollock's overall career. Pollock still has more achievements away though and a better peak.
I mean yeah thats kinda the point right, his peak matches other great’s entire careers but people think we should ignore the rest of his career.

reyrey

U19 Vice-Captain
Anderson played in 9 Ashes series where he played 3 or more games.

Averaged mid to late 20s in 5 of them which is more than decent. (3 of them in Aus)

Averaged mid 40s in 2 which is poor and 80 plus in 2 which horrible.

Overall though his good performances outweigh his bad. The 3 out of 5 Ashes series in Aus where he averaged mid 20s are also a plus.

Coronis

International Coach
Anderson played in 9 Ashes series where he played 3 or more games.

Averaged mid to late 20s in 5 of them which is more than decent. (3 of them in Aus)

Averaged mid 40s in 2 which is poor and 80 plus in 2 which horrible.

Overall though his good performances outweigh his bad.
The 3 out of 5 Ashes series in Aus where he averaged mid 20s are also a plus.
Jesus christ

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bloke averages 36 over 39 matches with a good sample size home and away and you blokes are still trying to defend his record. Worst copium ever.
Remember when your original point was that Harry Brook would need just one ton to be a better Ashes player than Root or Anderson? Your desperate pivot since shows what a junk post this was, and here you are still desperately screeching. When you’ve only got Burgey and TJB for company then it’s time to look at the mirror and evaluate your life. You’re better than those two wastrels, don’t let yourself become a parody.

TheJediBrah

He keeps bringing that extreme statement Coronis said clearly in jest to deflect from the inarguable fact that Anderson was bad overall in the Test matches that actually matter

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He keeps bringing that extreme statement Coronis said clearly in jest to deflect from the inarguable fact that Anderson was bad overall in the Test matches that actually matter
I debunked the original statement and Coronis has spent every waking hour since desperately trying to shift the goalposts

TheJediBrah

I debunked the original statement and Coronis has spent every waking hour since desperately trying to shift the goalposts
Ok let's all agree that:
1) Coronis was wrong when he said that, and
2) Anderson sucked in the Ashes